Eating better = Acne??

Options
Hey guys,

Have any of you had this happen to you?

I joined 10 days ago, and have been trying really hard to eat healthier and drink more water, etc. I don't eat a lot of junk food (I think I've had 2 bags of chips since I started MFP) but I do (HAVE to) have a coke every day, but just one. Otherwise I'm rather hostile :)

Anyway - I've noticed that my face is breaking out a LOT. As if I'm in high school all over again (I'm 27). Is it just because my body is getting rid of all the bad stuff I used to eat? I've always washed my face twice a day, I haven't changed makeup, etc. The ONLY thing that has changed is that I've started eating better. What gives?!? Will it stop soon?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Replies

• dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    No, acne is not your body getting rid of the " bad stuff". Sorry.
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    I believe your body is getting rid of the toxins
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mine has done the same thing. I'd like to see if someone knows why
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    ur body is getting rid of toxins. dont over-wash ur face or else u can breakout more and face can become red and irritated. I just discovered these face wipes called yes to tomatoes deep cleansing facial pads and my skin had never been so amazing feeling and looking.. they have a whole line of things, like yes to cucumbers for around your eyes, and yes to carrots for something else... they are all like 98% or 99% natural ingredients instead of stuff that dries out and irritates your skin.
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am 31 and having the same problem. I thought it was from the sweat from working out, so i bought the headbands(back to the 80's style) yet i am still breaking out!
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Yeah, your body is changing! Your diet changes will affect your skin as well. It will go away don't worry.
  • andilynn91
    andilynn91 Posts: 2
    Options
    Another likely reason is because your body is not used to the stress you are putting on it. Stress along with loss of toxins can definitely cause your face to break out but it should go away soon!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I heard a study say that acne is caused by sugar in your diet, some tribe in South America had 0.0 acne and then they came to the conclusion that they ate only fish, meat and green veggies, and once they gave them some of they're food that had sugar their skin started to break out
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why this happens to some people. It may be toxins, it may be (I think more likely) that you are not used to sweating and it is giving your pores a workout as well. All I have read from people who have it will go away with time and careful skin care. I'm sure others will chime in with specifics.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i was breaking out a bit more too; not bad, but little tiny pimples every once in a while (and usually its only every once in a very great while... i dont know what causes it, but i have seen no sign of any of it since i started using those wipes i just mentioned. I know for me it wasnt sweat because i dont work out; and all of my vitamins have increased so ud think that vitamins would help ur skin---and i cant imagine eating all the grease before was good for me and now that im not eating it is the problem--they always say dont eat greasy or else ull breakout, lol... No idea... but im in love with these wipes.. seriously.. 2 people told me i had good complexion, and i didnt know wtf they were talking about, i never saw it for myself, especially since the day i was told that i had 2 of those little pimples, so i bought some wipes to help clear my skin and seriously..amazing.. my skin instantly looks 20million times better, like its perfect glowing skin...never felt that way about myself before
  • JenayMichele1982
    Options
    I am having the same problem, even bought proactive and no luck...it doesnt help and my hair is oily all the time too. I can wash it in the morning, no conditoner, no hair products and a few hours later its so oily that i have to wash it again or i like dirty. My face is always oily and breaking out. I have been sticking to my lifestyle change of eating healthy and natural foods for over a year and it hasnt stopped or gotten better so if you discover a solution dont forget to let me know about it.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I heard that it is due to the body eliminating toxins. But I must share my newest love E.L.F. Cosmetics Zit Zapper. You can find it online or at target. It is $1 and has tea tree oil and witch hazel.