1220 cal/day 7 day meal plan ideas

Options
Please post an easy to prepare, low cost, 1200 cal meal plan. I don't know how to plan meals to add up to only 1200/day and still have some variety. Help me out?
My target macros are: carb 45% fat 30% protein 25%

Replies

• losingitseattle
    losingitseattle Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising you will eat more than 1200/day. You are supposed to net to 1200 per day. If you are a really active person you will find this may not be enough food for you some days. I don't use the net to 1200 method (I use TDEE-15%) but you will find plenty that swear by the net to 1200 methodology.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/7_day_diet_meal_plan_to_lose_weight_1200_calories
  • kristinaljp10
    kristinaljp10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Think in terms of a protein a starchy carb and fibrous carb. Then mix and match with foods from those categories. Lower serving size to adjust for your calorie goal.
  • weebee05
    weebee05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    taco salads with lots of lettuce, tomato, ff sour cream, taco sauce, and 2 hard taco shells, make the meat with ground turkey. Big salad for low calories. I usually use 3 oz of meat per serving. grilled chicken and roasted veggies. All kinds of low calorie sauces (especially when using only a tablespoon) out there to brush on for flavor. tuna pouches, tortilla, spinach.
  • HoundstoothMFP
    HoundstoothMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is my "go to" meal, or my "heavy meal" that fills me up for hours afterward. I cook the chicken in Land O'lakes - Saute Express Southwest (I also use the other flavors for other meals). Ranges between 400-570 depending on how much chicken, sour creme and cheese I use. It also lets me get in a bunch of lettuce even though it's not a "salad".

I'm no expert and I'm still experimenting, but honestly what has worked for me and I'll leave others to debate the merits....is getting rid of the refined carbs, pasta, quinoa, rice, wraps, tacos. I used to make this blackened salmon broccoli fettuccine alfredo...I made it without the fettuccine twice the broccoli and about half the alfredo. Delicious and 400 calories and filling. The pasta, even keeping it to 2 oz. adds 200 calories. Also keeping my snacks the same everyday: 1 orange, 12 almonds, 1 oz of cheddar cheese that I eat through the day only when I'm hungry. I have health reasons for cutting out all the simple carbs but once they are resolved I don't see myself ever going back to the ridiculous amounts I was eating before. My carbs still range between 40-70 per day.

weebee05 wrote: »
    taco salads with lots of lettuce, tomato, ff sour cream, taco sauce, and 2 hard taco shells, make the meat with ground turkey. Big salad for low calories. I usually use 3 oz of meat per serving. grilled chicken and roasted veggies. All kinds of low calorie sauces (especially when using only a tablespoon) out there to brush on for flavor. tuna pouches, tortilla, spinach.

• misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken breast, lean lunch meats, Greek yogurt..

Try to increase your calories.. You should be eating more :)

Good luck!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite low cal dinners is a Costco Turkey burger patty (200 calories) smothered in sautéed mushrooms (under 50 calories) and if I have the calories to spare, I'll put on some blue cheese or gorgonzola. It's delicious!

Basic chicken breasts with roasted veggies...cook your favorites is an easy low cal meal also.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    You have to do what works for you, I try and do around 300 calories each meal and save 300 for coffee, snacks, and surprises. If it's dinner time and I'm not near where I should be, I can add in something higher calorie if I want.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken breast, lean lunch meats, Greek yogurt..

Try to increase your calories.. You should be eating more :)

Good luck!

But we don't know her stats.
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    cabbage,chicken breast,and cheese salad add seasonings such as black pepper,and garlic. oatmeal is a good low cal thing to eat, get sugar free etc. eggs and turkey bacon, get blue bunny fudge lite pops at walmart, its a chocolate icecream bar only 35 cals, (saves my life lol), taco salad with lettuce 2 tbs refried beans,1 tbs lite sour cream, 1 tbs avacodo, one of my unhealthy go to's but still not bad you can have half a totinos pizza for less than 400 cals, popcorn is a life saving snack, and dont forget to use lots of seasonings to make everything taste great