I blew past my goals!

Options
mccanns725
mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
and it's still early in this. I had a 3 month follow up with my trainer. The scale barely went down by 10 lbs. But, boy have I lost inches! One of my goals was to do a full squat without holding on or pushing off. I can now do 10! My BMI went from 27% to 18! But the biggest for me is that I can walk 3.5 mph on an uphill for 30 minutes and my heart rate never went above 140! That's is huge for me and such a relief. I have a choice and I choose to be healthy.

Replies

• Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • HappyDann
    HappyDann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing ... congrats and keep up the good work ... it's very encouraging to read about your success
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well done you, keep it up!
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • mccanns725
    Options
    Thanks guys! Since the scale was barely
    Moving it was reassuring to know I had lost more than I had realized. She said I lost 13 lbs of fat and gained muscle! Exactly when I really needed a boost to keep up my new lifestyle.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great work!
    Question, though. Do you mean your body fat went from 27% to 18%? Because I'm trying to figure out how you lost 10 lbs on the scale and your BMI dropped from 27 to 18. I've lost 48 lbs, and my BMI dropped from 30.3 to 22.6. If that is your body fat % rather than BMI, those are really, really great results. Kudos to you!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • mccanns725
    Options
    You're right sjjohnson! My BMI went from 26 to 20. I'm pretty small to start with so hat small a weight loss is a big percentage. I started at 124. I was 120 when I met with this trainer.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    mccanns725 wrote: »
    You're right sjjohnson! My BMI went from 26 to 20. I'm pretty small to start with so hat small a weight loss is a big percentage. I started at 124. I was 120 when I met with this trainer.

I am confused.

So your BMI went from 26 to 20, but you only lost 4lbs?
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Win.win.win!
  • mccanns725
    Options
    No I was 124 when I decided to get serious about it and had already lost 4 lbs by time I met with the trainer. I lost 8 more since then. I was frustrated that I had lost so little. But she assured me I was gaining muscle.
  • Mom2One09
    Mom2One09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good job! :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!