Is it about daily calorie intake or weekly

Options
I went out y'day and ate well over my calorie allowence.
I've put those calories from last night in today's menu. So I eat a lot less today. And means over the 2 days I will stay in my calorie allowence.

Is it ok to do this?

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I log on the day that I eat, whether I go over or not. That way when I look back I know it is accurate. If I go over on one day and can make it up reasonably over the next couple day, I will. But I won't go hungry in "punishment" for an occasional indulgence. Some days, like birthdays, I just file under "life happens" and continue on.

So, I would still log the food under the day you ate it, and just make a mental note to try to save some calories over the next couple days if you can. I personally wouldn't move food to a different day just to stay in the green.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    weekly for me - the reports in the app are more helpful than the website

• joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd keep the meal in yesterdays diary but consume less today to make the weekly goal, however that is because i'd like the accuracy of my logging.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What I would advise though is try not to borrow from the future - because that could spiral out of control
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What I would advise though is try not to borrow from the future - because that could spiral out of control

^^ this is a good rule to follow! Better save up during the week through exercise and "use" the calories for special days
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do weekly but I pre-log the whole week ahead, the app then tells me how many calories I have leftover for the week which I use for treats.

And yeah I agree with not making a habit of eating more one day and then depriving yourself the days after.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You could make it about whatever period you like. You could do monthly. I used to do it by meal. But the longer you spread it, the more likely it is to turn into eating too much earlier in the period and not being able to make it up later. Daily works well because messing up one day is less significant than messing up a week.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    likehlikeo wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

^^ this is a good rule to follow! Better save up during the week through exercise and "use" the calories for special days

Totally what these guys say, I try to pre work out my special days where I'll over eat too. But if you've not gone over by too much since you cant always plan these things no harm in going slightly under your calorie goal today so your weekly total works out. I wouldn't advise it if you were more than a couple hundred over though. A) you'll be hungry and b) it's a slippery slope to overeating and restricting too heavily and feeling bad about treating yourself once in a while.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'd keep the meal in yesterdays diary but consume less today to make the weekly goal, however that is because i'd like the accuracy of my logging.

This is what I do.