Carb goal

Options
Can anyone help with carb info as my daily goal is set on 20% which is 82 g per day , I'm always over and today I'm already up to my limit with no lunch or dinner eaten !! I'm confused

Replies

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You can go over you carb goal and still lose weight as long as your under maintance calories.
    Are you hitting your protein and fat macros usually? Or on a low carb diet?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change your carb goals to 40 or 45%. Or whatever you want, really. Just watch the daily calorie number.
  • Geraldine912
    Geraldine912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a 1 lb a week , I have been given 1620 cals per day for my height weight etc , can't seem to hit my protein daily goal and my fat is generally over too, I've lost 2lb so far , in 10 days but I just wondered if the carbs goal was right as it seems so low , I'm a newbie to this app and tracking my nutrients, it's not something I know much about !
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Increase your carbs. Increase your fat. Decrease your protein. That way you will be eating what you want.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    got to
    Home
    Goals
    Daily Nutritional Goals > Click Edit.
    Set carbs 40 %/ Fat 35% / Protein 25 %
    Save Changes.

Try that for two or three days.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a 1 lb a week , I have been given 1620 cals per day for my height weight etc , can't seem to hit my protein daily goal and my fat is generally over too, I've lost 2lb so far , in 10 days but I just wondered if the carbs goal was right as it seems so low , I'm a newbie to this app and tracking my nutrients, it's not something I know much about !

Unless there is a health issue or for whatever reason you have decided to go low carb, 20% is too low compared to the average person, you can safely double this, or increase even more.
  • Geraldine912
    Geraldine912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advise , I will change my preferences.
  • RebeccaLynea
    RebeccaLynea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How does one determine the number of Carbs to take in?