Jogging for weight loss

Options
What is a good program for jogging outside for weight loss? i.e. how many days a week, how long, how fast, steady or intervals

Replies

• Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    C25K (couch to 5K) is really good, you can google the plan and also you can get an app for phone... Its internval training so you work up from 1min jogging at a time and it recomends 3 runs a week.
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    thanks. my friend has the app. ill check it out.....
  • TVDfan12
    TVDfan12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is to do it when you feel like it. That's how I've been doing it. I started out just walking, but then started jogging just 2 or 3 days a week, and I'd use the Nike+ app on my iPod to reach a calorie burning goal instead of distance. Now, I'm outside just about everyday I can get there. I'd say don't push it. If you make yourself do it when you really don't want to, it's not as enjoyable.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I used that and the Bridge to 10K too program. The thing though is use it as a guideline and listen to your body. I wouldn't and don't run everyday but if I want to run a second day in a row (like today) I do. Good luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Running. The term jogging tends to offend runners. It sounds a bit....amateur. Admit it, you want to run.

I lost a lot of inches running 2 long runs a week (6-10km, 4-6miles). I didn't lose weight until I added circuits and lowered my calorie intake, but I lost inches very fast.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It is always a good idea to start slow with a high impact exercise like running. I'd follow the couch to 5 K religiously to avoid injury. I've been running for some time now and never run more then 2 days in a row, it isn't worth injuring yourself.
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    Just got the C25K app! Can't wait to get started "Running" YAY!