Homeade Trail Mix

Options
Realized there was a seperate section to put this in!
I am looking to make my own trail mix as the ones in the grocery store are flavored or have some things that are not good for you I think. I was just looking for suggestions of homeade trail mixes that people mix together themselves!

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts and almonds. Macadamias...brazilnuts...dried cherries (low sugar)...apricots...

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, go to the area of the store where they have bags of nuts and dried fruits, you can have sooooo much fun by just grabbing some random bags. Like dried peaches! You can put together whatever you want.
  • kml07071
    kml07071 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks so much! I love macadamia nuts. I went to hawaii when i was 10 and fell in love with them!
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just grab your favorite nuts, favorite dried fruit, or I just put in some chocolate. :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bumping this for ideas.
    Pretty sure trail mix is going to be a staple in my diet when I get to my goal weight to get some healthy extra calories in.
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Great thread. Can't wait to see what people post. I love granola in trail mix but it's got too many calories.

Here's something I threw together a few weeks ago that was pretty tasty:
    Kashi Go Lean cereal
    Dried cranberries (Not too many. They have a lot of carbs!)
    Shredded coconut
    Emerald cinnamon almonds
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Can't wait to see what people post. I love granola in trail mix but it's got too many calories.

Here's something I threw together a few weeks ago that was pretty tasty:
    Kashi Go Lean cereal
    Dried cranberries (Not too many. They have a lot of carbs!)
    Shredded coconut
    Emerald cinnamon almonds

Look for the dried fruit without added sugar. That's the biggest problem - companies add unnecessary sugar to the dried fruits. There are sugar free ones (and I don't mean fake sugar added). Maybe you can find them at a health food store if your regular store doesn't have them.
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Thanks Jessy. I will look for those. There is a health food store near me so I'll check there.