shakes?

Options
Hvoiles
Hvoiles Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone. I have a hard time eating enough throughout day. I know is best to eat small amounts throughout day, but I tend to eat one meal a day, and it's usually pasta, or something unhealthy, to keep myself full. So, my question is, what meal replacement shakes are best? I work 3rd shift, so my eating schedule is already not normal. I just want to grab something when needed, to lose weight quickest and healthiest way. Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Janasse
    Janasse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the Atkins shakes, the chocolate ones and the caramel..something ones are my favorite. They don't taste like meal replacement shakes. I also love the Dole Shakers in the frozen aisle. I add a scoop of protein powder to one and mix with almond milk or just water depending on where I am. They're delicious!
  • thecameleonzfanz
    thecameleonzfanz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am using slim fast shakes but I am only on my first week with them
  • chadpoulin
    chadpoulin Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Might not be the answer you need, but I make my own shakes. 2cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 small banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup raw oatmeal, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tsp cinnamon. Blend it up and go.

If you have a fridge handy at work you can make them at home and drink it later. The whole thing is around 475 calories, so depending on your calorie needs (or personal taste) you may want to change up the recipe, but I find these shakes are better than anything I can get premade.

It should fit the bill if you want something to fill you up, lots of protein and fiber.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss though. When my classes are in session, I find that I am the fullest when I do 4-6 200-400kcal "meals", while I do better eating 2 larger meals and a large bedtime snack a day when my classes aren't in session. As long as I consume less than my maintenance calories, then I will lose weight regardless if I had six meals or two.

I personally like the level life protein shakes, but that is because their macro percentages closely match my insulin's activity (and I experience a minimal spike in my BG after drinking one). I don't use them that often -only on days where I know my calories consumed is super low, and I need an easy way to get more calories in.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I also make my own shakes. I do about 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter. I make it in the morning and bring it to work for lunch.