I can't stay focused...time for a break?

Options
I've been through a pretty up-and-down time over the last 4-5 months. I got written up for performance at a job I had for over four years without any prior disciplinary/performance problems, and then I was fired last month and have been out of a full-time job for the last four weeks. I have a freelance/part-time job, and while my boss is wonderful, it's a small company and it doesn't do much to pay the bills...just gives me pocket money and stuff for savings. It's still better than not working at all, but needless to say, I need to keep up my search to find another income, with the ultimate goal being a new full-time job with decent pay and benefits.

During this time period, I've found it really hard to stay focused on my health and fitness. I gave up my gym membership and my yoga studio classes, so I've been running and doing barre workouts; I stayed subscribed to a low-cost streaming service. I've gone through a lot of emotions, from anger and depression to feeling just burned out both from my job search and the stress of my last position. Anyway, this has affected my focus on my journey. I've maintained my loss of almost 24 pounds, but can't find the energy to put into logging and planning to make the best food choices.

I feel as if I just need a break. I'm considering just setting my calories to maintenance for a while but still exercising so I don't feel pressured to lose weight while trying to juggle job interviews and sending resumes. I've also thought about deleting my account here, but that seems a little...extreme? Don't get me wrong; I do eventually want to put more time and focus into weight loss and eating better. It's just hard to think about right now.

Replies

• mialyn522
    mialyn522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the rough times! Don't let them get you down on your weight loss journey. Always remember a reward or lax of effort here and there is okay! ( at least in my book it is) but also remember how good you feel about yourself when you are putting up that effort! I wish you the best in everything in your weight loss journey and everything else!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Life always throws stuff at us. Once your job and income are secured, there will be something else. Today is the day to take care of yourself because no one else will do it.

Being healthy and taking care of ourselves doesn't require to do amazing things. It's all about making small choices everyday.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Sitting at maintenance for a while is not a bad thing. In fact, sometimes it can be a really good thing.

I say go for it. Keep logging, and if you start gaining, then adjust your intake a bit.

When things settle down emotionally, then come back swinging for round two!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the rough patch you are going through. If you need a break take it. You are still eating well and fitting in some exercise so you are doing great. Hope things turn around for you soon :)