Wanting out of the 180s

Hey there fellow weight losers:) I'm Sara and I'm sick of being in the 180s. I've been calorie counting, going to start weighing my food ( just bought a kitchen scale ) so I hope that helps. I eat 1400 call a day workout on the weekdays, 30 mins. Any other ideas thanks

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    I am in the same boat. I would like to friend you so we can share our ideas. I hope you will accept.
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Just make sure you get enough sleep, be as accurate as possible with your counting, and push yourself with your exercise. If you feel challenged thats a good spot to be at push past that comfort zone and you will succeed. I ve bern on here almost 50 days and i am just about to get under 170lbs. If you want to you can add me. Its always good to have a support system to vent to and cheer you on! Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    The food scale will be very enlightening. Once you're really eating that 1400, you should start seeing some change.
  • blueriotgirl
    Oh and drink plenty of water!
  • blueriotgirl
    Food scales to help alot! Its a real eye opener
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Guuuuuurl... Me too! I swear when I hit 175 i am buying pants. I want pants!
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Do whatever works for you :smile:

I started at 189 in January, I don't have a workout regime. I had been gradually increasing walking and using it instead of other modes of transport before I started logging, then I got a Fitbit, synced up, and I find it much easier to understand in terms of calories burned compared with the TDEE method, so I am now eating more than I was with TDEE approach pre-Fitbit. I have been doing this for about 2-3 months, eating more or less all of my burned calories less the 500cal deficit, and consistently losing around 1lb a week, so eating back those calories hasn't hampered me.

I'm just saying this because everyone has different ways and sometimes you might get a lot of, "Work out 3x a week", or "Lift heavy", all of which will be beneficial and especially if you want to obtain a certain look, but any exercise will help to increase calorie burns.

I'm currently 163 and eat a very varied diet and also get plenty of chocolate and take out :blush: Knowing how much I'm burning helps to determine if I go for higher calorie options, or if I want to try and burn more. It's not just about take out of course, I like to have proper mayo, avocado, bananas, etc, I don't want to cut these kind of things from my diet just for the sake of calories so instead I just walk a lot :smiley:

This also applies to how you eat. I've accepted that I work well with 2 big meals and snacks, and I like full cream milk and demerara sugar in my coffee, that's not changing, so I make it work within my calories. I never feel restricted so this will make it easier to maintain once I reach goal. Actually I like full fat most things, I was brought up on 'diet' foods and that didn't end well, whereas I find it much better to incorporate full fat foods in my diet in a sustainable way.

Good luck!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    I started at 221, so I'm really happy to be at 185 now! But yes, I am looking forward to getting closer to goal. =)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    I started mid-January at 185, and am now at 158. I'm also on about 1400 cals.
    My best tip is to be consistent and patient. You can have off-days where you eat more (those keep you sane and allow you to be social), but if you have more days where you stick to your goal, you'll lose weight. I tend to have lean week days, to allow me to eat more on the weekend. Also, find an exercise that you like or can learn to like.

Good luck!
  • barefoot2momma88
    barefoot2momma88 Posts: 5 Member
    jumblejups wrote: »
    Do whatever works for you :smile:

I started at 189 in January, I don't have a workout regime. I had been gradually increasing walking and using it instead of other modes of transport before I started logging, then I got a Fitbit, synced up, and I find it much easier to understand in terms of calories burned compared with the TDEE method, so I am now eating more than I was with TDEE approach pre-Fitbit. I have been doing this for about 2-3 months, eating more or less all of my burned calories less the 500cal deficit, and consistently losing around 1lb a week, so eating back those calories hasn't hampered me.

I'm just saying this because everyone has different ways and sometimes you might get a lot of, "Work out 3x a week", or "Lift heavy", all of which will be beneficial and especially if you want to obtain a certain look, but any exercise will help to increase calorie burns.

I'm currently 163 and eat a very varied diet and also get plenty of chocolate and take out :blush: Knowing how much I'm burning helps to determine if I go for higher calorie options, or if I want to try and burn more. It's not just about take out of course, I like to have proper mayo, avocado, bananas, etc, I don't want to cut these kind of things from my diet just for the sake of calories so instead I just walk a lot :smiley:

This also applies to how you eat. I've accepted that I work well with 2 big meals and snacks, and I like full cream milk and demerara sugar in my coffee, that's not changing, so I make it work within my calories. I never feel restricted so this will make it easier to maintain once I reach goal. Actually I like full fat most things, I was brought up on 'diet' foods and that didn't end well, whereas I find it much better to incorporate full fat foods in my diet in a sustainable way.

Good luck!

• barefoot2momma88
    barefoot2momma88 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey there fellow weight losers:) I'm Sara and I'm sick of being in the 180s. I've been calorie counting, going to start weighing my food ( just bought a kitchen scale ) so I hope that helps. I eat 1400 call a day workout on the weekdays, 30 mins. Any other ideas thanks