What's your favorite running/biking music?

Options
Today I'm going to be starting the c25k program, and I realized I really need some high powered, heart pumping music to keep me going!
Also, starting Monday, I will be riding my bike to and from my college campus.. which will total to about 6 miles of bike riding 3 times a week. So I'll also need some good music for that...

I'd love to hear what you guys listen to to help you get your body moving :smile:

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    when im at the gym it is on country music videos....on friday nights i get to watch the top 20 countdown which i love....but when im at home doing my home workout i have it on rock, normally 80's rock
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to dance, pop, trance, and electronic music from artists such as Tiësto, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, Kaskade, David Guetta, Ian Van Dahl/AnnaGrace, and a whole lot more. I have a subscription to Rhapsody so I have a lot to choose from.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    If you go to www.jog.fm you can enter how fast your pace is and they will give you a list of music that has the right beats per minute. You can sort the list by genre, too, depending on your tastes. Good luck!
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you go to www.jog.fm you can enter how fast your pace is and they will give you a list of music that has the right beats per minute. You can sort the list by genre, too, depending on your tastes. Good luck!

Oooh that's a great tip!
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Like FeverRN i listen to dance music, mainly euphoric Trance or Drum and Base. But I reckon you need to listen to whatever gets YOUR pulse racing.
  • Meg2012
    Options
    Today was my C25K Day 1, too!

Today's playlist incl:

Rolling in the Deep - Adele
    Price Tag - Jessie J.
    Heavy in Your Arms - Florence & the Machine (My belly dancers are doing a routine that I'm choreographing to this.)
    Lights On - Katy B.
    Hold it Against Me - Britney Spears
    Fontainebleau - Omorphos
    Like a G6 - Far East Movement
    Bright Lights Bigger City - Cee Lo
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These are all fantastic tips! Keep um' coming! :)
    And congrats and starting the c25k today!! I'm pretty excited about it!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I created a station on Pandora called "30 Seconds to Mars Radio"
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wiz Khalifia, Rick Ross, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Pharell, Kanye West, DJ Rap, Moby, Gwen Stefani, Adelle, LMFAO...
    If you go and look at ITunes top singles.. that's where I get my best workout music from. A lot of super high energy dance music. :)
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Metalicca, Motley Crue, N.I.N energetic rock music. That is my favourite.
  • rockster01
    rockster01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like listening to Green day,Avenged Sevenfold and Foo fighters,definitely gets me in the mood.
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    Options
    my absolute favorite running song that honestly can be on repeat is Wavin' Flag by K'naan (the Coca Cola version). I time my steps to the drums and it makes me go faster but it also seems easier :))) good luck!!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    Not to be a buzz kill, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to wear headphones while bicycling.
  • Meg2012
    Options
    It depends on the state. Really it's a good policy to keep it low enough that you can hear the traffic, or only use one ear bud.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    It's not illegal to wear headphones while biking in most states. When I bike, I listen to rock music because it is upbeat and intense. Trapt, Led Zeppelin, Nickelback, etc. But when I run, I have to listen to rap for the beat. Drum beats in rock music aren't good for my pace. I listen to a lot of Usher, Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz, Britney Spears, etc. when running.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yeah the biking with headphones isn't illegal in my state. Especially cause I live so close to a college campus, pretty much everyone is riding with headphones. It's pretty rare to see people without them.
    And the music helps keep me going :)
    But I appreciate the concern!
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just checked out Jog FM - excellent! What I've been looking for on iTunes for ages, but they don't give you bpm there. Cheers :)