first day in my fitness pal.

Options
I suck.... i failed at night and ate like ice cream... beer...subway footlong cuz i got so hungry. im confessing my sins. I definitely started wrong on my first day doing this. First day of trying to eat my caloric deficit...was hell. Please forgive me :( today i need to eat much much better today.

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    No worries - just make up for it with exercise today. This is a marathon - small changes over time produce great results. Don't try and make too drastic of a change as those are rarely successful or sustainable. You got this!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, we all slip up now and then. Like you said, eat better today and maybe exercise a bit more than usual. Good luck
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over 1 day! It will get better, but you will have some hard days. Try to eat regularly so you don't get so hungry that you binge at night (I need to work on this too!).
  • peaceandcarrots
    peaceandcarrots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You don't suck! It was your first day. Just do better today like you said. You can do this! Please don't give up because it is SO worth it.
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dont be too hard on yourself. You can start again today. You can make the changes that will help you achieve your goals. Small changes EVERY day will add up over time. Keep going.
  • stacyedlin518
    stacyedlin518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plan EVERYTHING the night before, that way you know what to look forward to all day long. Planning is everything for me! Whenever I get a craving for something "bad", I put it into my diet within the next couple of days and alter my day of eating around it. I get what I want plus I stay within my caloric deficit. Just PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!! It gets better!
  • robertrogo
    robertrogo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it at all! Sometimes we all fall off the horse but just have to get that motivation again to hop right back on and start eating healthy and clean again. I am right there with you as I just started getting back into tracking my macros and calories again after months of not using MFP so I wish you all the best and know that you can stick with it!
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey hey now, its just 1 day. Dont let that get you down. Start anew and get back on track. Everyone slips up every now and then. It is how you handle it that defines you. On to day 2....
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome to MFP! You already made a great choice joining! Don't be so hard on yourself. Think of it this way, every day is a new day. Everyone has slip ups and you just started! Put it in the past and start new.
  • thirzamorris
    thirzamorris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i suck too...... but instead of ice cream try frozen yogurt instead of crisps try popcorn its what gets me though!
  • badugib
    badugib Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Man you guys are great! Thank you for your moral support. Im definitely going to take your advice. I will plan things more effectively.