Gaining weight the first week back

Options
CalPolyBronco
CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
Does anyone seem to have this problem and can it really be explained whereby you actually gain weight when first starting to track calories despite eating your normal allotted amount. (It has been roughly a week of tracking now....) Some people might wondering if I'm forgetting the little things like coffee creamer and no I definitely account for that as well! Just wanted some general feedback on this. I have quite a bit to lose, 100+ lbs so also looking for some motivation to keep going. :smiley: Thanks!

Replies

• KP112423
    KP112423 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stress...water retention...and much more...sodium....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you are comparing only 2 weigh ins then that might be the issue, if either one was off for any reason then you don't have any other data to compare to

keep in mind weight will fluctuate for many reasons besides just calorie amount; salt, carb intake, exercise, hormones/TOM for women, and many many more reasons. Stink to your plan, if you don't see the results you want after a couple weeks and a few weigh ins then it would be time to re-evalute, but a week is too soon to see how you plan is working.
  • oriel67
    oriel67 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I started I needed to lose 260 pounds :'( I was doing great, following my plan to the T and losing 5 pounds a week, then one week I gained 4 pounds! I cried I was so upset and down on myself, but the next week I lost 9.5. I have noticed a trend over the last 4 months, and every 4 weeks, I either gain some weight, or I don't lose any at all. I attribute this to my PMS week.
    Don't let the scale discourage you. Take it one day at a time and keep with it. Make sure your meal plan does not have a lot of carbs (flour, rice, pasta etc) because that converts to fat. Make sure you eat 5 small meals every 3-4 hours as that will keep your metabolism roaring.
    If you want to add me as a friend I would be happy to join you in your journey :)
  • CalPolyBronco
    Options
    Thanks everyone for input! :)
  • CalPolyBronco
    Options
    Cool thanks