Little Successes - What little success have you had that you're proud of?

Options
2»

Replies

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Bought a bunch of perennials today for our wilderness area and was able to put them all in the ground by squatting.. I didn't need to kneel down at all. Could not even come close to that last year. Regular cardio and weights has made my legs (heck, my entire body) so much stronger.

And like many of you, water is my new beverage of choice.
  • Wrecka31
    Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have also made the switch to drinking primarily water and have left sugar out of my coffee, I like to add a few dashes of cinnamon instead. I've greatly decreased the amount of creamer I use... I'm getting there
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I love reading your little victories they are inspiring. They also help me to focus on my own succeses.
    This week I think I've found the right calorie balance to lose weight without hunger or ill side effects!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Being able to run (albeit very slowly) all the way up the monster hill by my house. It has taken me a year and a half, but I still feel like Rocky every time I get to the top.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wearing a dress for the first time in my adult life. I had convinced myself that my legs are just too fat, jiggly and bumpy to show in public. While I'm still a little overweight at the moment, and I'm still self conscious about my legs, I have made a bunch of skirts to take with me on vacation and I do plan to wear them!
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I dropped cream and sugar from my coffee a long time ago and I really do think it was a little change that I got great big benefits from. I also found that good coffee tastes better without it anyway. :wink:

Please give me advice on this! did you cut out the cream and sugar cold turkey or gradually? I LOAD mine down with both ( I like a little coffee in my cream and sugar ;) ) I refuse to drink my calories anymore so I've only been drinking water and very little diet pepsi but I can tell I'm getting caffeine headaches from it and miss my coffee soooo much!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    NH_1970 wrote: »
    I now write to myself once a week on why I want to lose weight - it's my affirmations and keeps me on track and I have a visual honest reminder to myself on why not to give up, even if it's going to be awhile, I want health now.

I like this. I sometimes lose focus on the "why". Writing down those reminders to help keep them top of mind is a great idea. Even more so when you're starting out, before everything you're doing (weighing/measuring, tracking, etc.) becomes a habit.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Instead of avoiding exercise in any form (because I was so out of shape) I now actively seek it out. I walk to pick the kids up from school instead of driving the .3 miles (yup, did it for years). I offer to mow the lawn - 2 hours pushing a mower while listening to great music is actually relaxing. I join in with the kids during a game of basketball in the driveway or tossing the lacrosse ball in the yard. I used to sit those things out. I'm the first one send out a text looking for someone to take a walk with - someone is almost always available - and it's such a great way to exercise and catch up with a friend (I used to send out "let's meet for breakfast" texts). I have learned how great it feels to have confidence in my body - that I can push it hard (courtesy of my trainer, LOL) and not actually die of a heart attack. I'm literally gaining a whole new lease on life :) What a great topic!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    NH_1970 wrote: »
    I now write to myself once a week on why I want to lose weight - it's my affirmations and keeps me on track and I have a visual honest reminder to myself on why not to give up, even if it's going to be awhile, I want health now.

I like this. I sometimes lose focus on the "why". Writing down those reminders to help keep them top of mind is a great idea. Even more so when you're starting out, before everything you're doing (weighing/measuring, tracking, etc.) becomes a habit.

I may have to start doing this too. What a great idea. All of these are awesome, great job :D
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I spent 1.5 weeks on vacation, eating every meal in restaurants, and only gained 1 lb.
  • soul_gem
    soul_gem Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can finally zip up my pants without sucking in my gut first. :D
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A year ago I couldn't jog a complete mile. Last month I had my fastest 5K trail race time (8:26 pace) and I run my first half marathon Sunday May 17. 35 lbs lighter, no issues with my A1C. LOTS of support from MFP members.
  • fr3smyl
    edited May 2015
    Options
    DesireeNL wrote: »
    Wearing a dress for the first time in my adult life. I had convinced myself that my legs are just too fat, jiggly and bumpy to show in public. While I'm still a little overweight at the moment, and I'm still self conscious about my legs, I have made a bunch of skirts to take with me on vacation and I do plan to wear them!

That's right strut your stuff!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Today I tried on a pair of pants a size smaller than the ones that were tight when I started this journey 40odd days ago. They fit!

I fight there was no way, since I still have a majority of my weight to lose AND my weight rose and started the same for the past two weeks. But the fit. I was able to sit down and still breathe and everything.
  • cubschick005
    cubschick005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of my "wins" is being able to eat at a restaurant while still making good choices and staying within my calorie limit for the day. Previously I would eat fast food almost every single meal, but now that I'm counting calories and budgeting, I'm saving a lot of money by cooking my own meals and losing weight at the same time. It feels good to go out with self control and not blow my diet. A couple of months ago I would have ordered the fattiest thing on the menu! :blush:
  • cubschick005
    cubschick005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    DesireeNL wrote: »

Rock those skirts, girl! Show us some pics when you get back. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!