everyone is having pizza at work!!

Options
& I'm just sitting here eating my fish and veggies trying to be strong!!!!

Replies

• autodominio
    autodominio Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would eat a slice or two. Why suffer?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza for lunch too...and grilling some cod tonight with baked potato and veggies. Balance and moderation are excellent strategies...deprivation is not. You can have pizza, you just can't have the whole pie.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Mmmm pizza. I would have a slice as well.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza for dinner so I made sure to walk today so I can have 2 slices!
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can have a slice of pizza (or two!) and fit it in your macros, no need to deprive yourself.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Can you fit at least one slice of pizza into your daily calories? That way you don't have to suffer. :flowerforyou:
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I would not eat the pizza. I only get 1570 calories a day and by the time my planned breakfast, lunch, and snacks are in I'm only left with about 1000 calories for dinner.

I eat pizza for dinner sometimes but there is no room for it at lunch.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    If it was totally unplanned, I would be doing the same as you. But when I know ahead of time that we're having pizza at work, I pre-log one slice, and bring a small side salad and fruit from home.
  • towee
    towee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is essential. If you want pizza, have pizza but balance it out with exercise or food the rest of the day. Also, choose wisely - have veggie pizza instead of sausage and pepperoni. Deprivation leads to binge eating. It's all about balance.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    8063.png?v=f7570c
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Have your fish and veg now and enjoy some pizza later.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If everyone was jumping of a bridge, would you?
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    It depends on the pizza. I'm a fussy New Yorker living out of state and finding good pizza is hard. The big chains don't usually measure up so I tend to skip it at work (I also work nights so by the time they decide to order, the available calories aren't always there). But if I know ahead of time, I can plan a slice, or on my days off, go to the place that is as close to NY pizza as I've found here and enjoy myself. The calories vary, of course, but overall a slice isn't super high. For me, some days it's worth it, some days it's not.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    It depends on the pizza. I'm a fussy New Yorker living out of state and finding good pizza is hard. The big chains don't usually measure up so I tend to skip it at work (I also work nights so by the time they decide to order, the available calories aren't always there). But if I know ahead of time, I can plan a slice, or on my days off, go to the place that is as close to NY pizza as I've found here and enjoy myself. The calories vary, of course, but overall a slice isn't super high. For me, some days it's worth it, some days it's not.

I feel the same. Also a New Yorker. My roommate brought home pizza from Artichoke and while it could have fit in my day, I had dessert planned and didn't want to give it up. I froze it though :) Saved it for a rainy day when it's worth the calories to me. Plus Artichoke pizza is like 600 calories per slice.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I applaud your self control as pizza can be delicious. Hopefully, the last posted was correct and it was the less thrilling kind of pizza.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not be embarrassed to take my shirt off at the water park this summer. I didn't take my 7 year old at all last year because I was too selfish/self conscious too. Whenever I'm tempted with something like that I ask myself "which do you want more? Pizza, or to feel confident at the water park?" The water park doesn't always win, but they're hitting a solid 8 or 9 out of 10.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tonight is usually pizza night, and instead we had grilled cheese. I'd rather have had the pizza.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't all that terrible for you (strictly speaking from a calorie standpoint). A couple of slices of pizza are usually equal to just about any other dinner (for me at least).
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would get away from the pizza. There are some days when you have to eat alone.