getting ready for gastric sleeve

Options
lbgrammy1
lbgrammy1 Posts: 1 Member
:) my name is Laura, 48 years old and 2 beautiful daughters with 3 amazing grandkids. So excited to start this journey, my surgery date is June 9th and i have been already warming into my preop diet.

Replies

• smarmyschoolmarm
    smarmyschoolmarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been to the seminar and have my first meeting with the surgeon on June 5th. I'm a granny too. There's a great group on FB for sleevers over 50 that I've found. They're great support.
  • stepher911
    stepher911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Laura, I have my 1st appt with my dietician next week & my surgeon 2 days after your surgery. I'm excited too to start this journey and I hope your surgery goes really well.

I'm now beginning to make the changes to my diet that I'll have to make my permanent eating habits. I'm 61, mother of 2 grown kids and a grandmother of 2. My daughter showed me MyFitnessPal which seems to be perfect for me.

Why don't we become friends on this journey & cheer each other on?

Steph
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, Laura, my name I Barb. My surgery is scheduled on June 10th which is fast approaching. I am 60 and married to my best friend for 40 years who is also having a sleeve later this summer. I too am excited to get started down the path to better health and energy. Currently, I'm dealing with the preop liquid diet and doing well. Nervous about the surgery and post-op but am determined to make this work. Best wishes as you begin your journey.