Cheese

Options
morrprop
morrprop Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
I love shredded marble cheese but it's so high in calories! Any suggestions out there for the lowest calorie brands or alternatives?? (I'm in Canada). Thanks !

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I can't do low fat dairy, it's just not the same. Keep eating the full fat cheese and maybe cut down the portion and really savor it by eating it slowly.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For most cheeses I get reduced fat. I don't buy any specific brand though, I usually just go for what is on sale.

I would suggest trying fat free cheeses as they taste bad IMO, and they don't melt well and have a lot of added fillers to replace the fat. But reduced fat typically doesn't have fillers. I can't tell the difference in taste in most cheeses between reduced fat and full fat.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Diet cheese just isn't worth it. Practice moderation, over-indulge (preferably with copious amounts of wine), or skip it. Those are the only real options when it comes to delicious, wonderful cheese.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Diet cheese is just a terrible abomination. Cheese I love. You can swap out the bread or crackers for salad or cucumber or change around what you eat with the cheese to make it fit your goals. Or buy ridiculously good and expensive cheese so you have the extra incentive to keep the portions sensible.

(Personally I like to use full fat cheese towards my fat macros so it has its purpose.... Okay that's an excuse but cheese should be able to fit in most plans)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    What is meant by "diet cheese"? I've never heard that term.