Fitbit/Map My Ride/myfitness pal duplicating?

Options
I have both my Fitbit and my Map My Ride apps sync'd with myfitnesspal. It looks like when I'm taking a hike, wearing my Fitbit, AND using the Map My Ride app, each one feeds into myfitnesspal resulting in a duplication of exercise on the myfitnesspal app. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, is the only mitigation to use either/or instead of both apps? I really don't want to choose between them.

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't think it duplicates. Are you 'tracking' the hike with fitbit? I wear my fitbit, take my hike with map my fitness, and it shows up in mfp. only once tho.
  • JaniceLove308
    JaniceLove308 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'll look again, but it seemed like I got a calorie adjustment for steps on my Fitbit, and then got them again for the walking activity in Map My Ride. Maybe I'm just not "getting" how it's all feeding into mightiness pal.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you have it setup properly. If you do, then it does not duplicate. You'll still have a Fitbit adjustment for steps outside of your hike.

My diary is public. Look at Nov. 8, 2014... I was using Runkeeper to track my hike and I was wearing my Fitbit also. No way is there duplication between these.

Also, you might join the Fitbit group and read the stickies, which help you understand this.
  • JaniceLove308
    JaniceLove308 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I appreciate.
  • tamp804
    tamp804 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :) I'm finding a similar issue with Srava & the health app on my iPhone. It looks like Strava is syncing with MFP while also synching with the health app, then the health app is duplicating with MFP.
    So far I'm just deleting one of them in MFP & this seems to work but I know it's a clunky method. Tomorrow, when I run I shall try to turn off the Strava sync with MFP and see if a correct single sync happens via the health app. It all seems a little techie for this old hen though! Would appreciate guidance from someone, it sounds to me like our issues are related.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I would sync Map to Fitbit, and Fitbit to MFP.