so flappy arms?

Options

Replies

• Sarahchoclateeater
    Sarahchoclateeater Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find it really offending when guys set the bar up high for the ladies like you davy and the jerk am married too! Bcoz for a fact no one is perfect and you all have ugly sides and we have to live with it
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    But for the sake of my marriage and to make the boat move ..i will do this last thing for me to prove to myself that i can do it
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say this but your husband hates your arms? Wow..nobody should say that to their wife o.o

I applaud you for trying so hard but please try mainly for yourself rather than your husband x
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    DayvKnight wrote: »
    None of the blame is on you for letting yourself go
    The blame is on your husband because he doesn't find a trait that signifies infertility attractive

Davy. I have sort of flappy arms. I have a child. Your infertility point is irrelevant.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lost 80 pounds and I still have them. Gotta love loose skin.
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    Lol I wont focus on the husband part .. you should of left that sentence out btw ..
    Anyway, lifting a little more would probably help. Since you have back issues, lift like 8 lbs. It's really not as heavy as it may sound. You don't wanna bulk up so don't try to over do it. It will take time just like others have told you. I have been working at transforming myself since September of 2014 and I didn't notice any difference in my arms until I bought a dress for V-day this year. It seemed as if they just vanished over night.

Cardio and weight training is what got me where I am. It will definitely come off for you with consistency!
    Thanks darling

• Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    Sorry to say this but your husband hates your arms? Wow..nobody should say that to their wife o.o

I applaud you for trying so hard but please try mainly for yourself rather than your husband x
    Will do hun thx
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    DayvKnight wrote: »
    None of the blame is on you for letting yourself go
    The blame is on your husband because he doesn't find a trait that signifies infertility attractive
    11.gif
    My child and I laugh at you, along with my mother, my 2 sisters, my aunts, cousins, and nieces all of whom have flabby arms and have children.

30 cm = 11.8 inches

Just by the measurements, your arms are fine. I would continue with a progressive, heavy lifting program until you can lift as much as your husband weighs, then lift his butt to the curb.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    11.8 inches? Whatever. Mine are 11 inches I think they are slim/nice.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I really suck at measuring. How do you know where to do it (unless you have a mole or something to mark the right place-ha), and how do you do it with one hand?
  • arditarose
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I really suck at measuring. How do you know where to do it (unless you have a mole or something to mark the right place-ha), and how do you do it with one hand?

I pick the largest part. Measure the arm is not hard with one hand, once you wrap the tape around the top of the arm, with your arm parallel to the floor, it kind of sits there and you just have to bring the other side up to meet it.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    I think my tape measure is super slippery or something.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I think my tape measure is super slippery or something.

lol I just tried it to see if I described it right. So my arm is parallel to the floor and bent at a 90 degree angle. When I put the tape around it with my left hand I just hold it at the 1 inch mark with my thumb and use my other fingers to grab the other end and meet it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My hubby wouldn't dare put a deadline on firm upper arms. I might just put my newfound upper body strength to new use. Hubby has suggested tricep exercises however.

I'm ready to live with grandma arms. Fertility fled with menopause.

Now, what role did infertile but savvy matriarchs serve in the tribal hierarchy, hmmm? I hear Meryl Streep has joined the movement to have greater female representation in movies, especially movie directors.

OP at a certain point it does not snap back then the only correction is surgery.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    I'm trying... no, wait... damn...trying...
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How big are you, OP? I'm 5'1.5", 120 lbs., and mine around 10 1/2 inches;; they could be firmer, but I always had a bigger arms/upper body. You can get them firmer by losing a little weight and doing some moderate strength training. However, if you're taller, your arm measurement is not extremely large. Knowing your stats would help to see if your goal is realistic. But speaking of realistic -- your husband/partner is being completely unrealistic by putting a deadline on your changing a specific physical characteristic that he's focusing negatively on. If you want to get stronger and more toned, that's your own goal to set. Once you reach the goal he sets, is he going to set another one -- 3 months to a smaller waist, booty, whatever? What is the consequence if you don't meet the goal --i.e., the "warning"?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Gave you a warning?!? I'd be waving buh bye with my flappy arms
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My arms are now 30cm in width

In width? Or circumference? Makes a difference.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hello ppl am back with my questions :D so i have flappy arms and my hubby hates them he gave me a warring by 15.8 i would lose them i started a healthier diet today and been lifting for two weeks now..any tips to lose them.quickly enough? And how long will it take me to lose them..currently am not lifting much weight 4kgs and a bar! Without added weights( ihave a back problem can't lift much) plz help o:)

What happens if your arms don't become very un-flappy?
    Maybe focus on your positive traits instead... Like how much your arms can lift, hug or move.

Also, there are people who come here and post about their horrible, grotesque thighs or bellies and show us pictures and they are perfectly normally shaped humans who just can't see themselves properly. You may not be able to see your body properly either.