Need help getting back on track

Options
in October I reached my goal weight, then put on weight for my birthday, lost that before Christmas, gained for Christmas, lost that by February and had been hoovering just above my goal weight until Easter. Chocolate and snacking are my weaknesses. I gained over Easter and then was really busy at work for all of April and started stress eating and was still gaining. Now May is here and work is back to a normal level of busy but I can't stop snacking and I know I am not hungry. I keep thinking "tomorrow is another day, start again" but it's not working the more I think about getting back on track the more I start thinking about eating all the wrong foods.

What can I do?

I got to goal using weight watchers I am now wondering do I need to change my tactics
Do I need to detox to get the sugar cravings out of my system
Do I just need a really good mantra to recite to myself

I need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I got to goal using weight watchers I am now wondering do I need to change my tactics NO...Use MFP
    Do I need to detox to get the sugar cravings out of my system..... NO NO NO NO.
    Do I just need a really good mantra to recite to myself....YES AND THIS IS YOURSELF...

You have to stay diligent to your goals. You cannot go up and down and up and down. See what it is doing to you... This is for a lifetime.. it is a marathon.. not a sprint... condition your self and put things in your arsenal that will help you achieve your goals.... make small goals... the big ones are too hard to achieve and possibly set you up for failure...

You got this.. you want to do this... now get going... start a plan, stick to the plan and tweak the plan when needed..
  • James9090
    James9090 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above poster. You need to make a lifestyle change oriented toward good health and physical fitness. Move more and eat less is a good motto.
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I made Lifetime and kept it off. I now need to make the change.
    It's frustrating because I know what to do, I just do not stick with it beyond day 3!
    My sweet tooth gets me too!
    You're on the right track! Start right now!!!! No need to wait until tomorrow.
  • sallymac226
    sallymac226 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think just having a rant on here helped heaps as I have had a much better day, first good day in ages long may it last