Hi! I'm Seos and I'm doing this solo...

I'd enjoy "meeting" people who understand how BIG a deal it is that I went to the park and walked a mile. I also got mad that to the exercise counter it didn't matter that I made it a mile, it just wanted to know how LONG it took me. I guess from "all eternity" to "35 minutes" is progress. :blush:

Anyone else out there that struggles with anxiety and obesity?

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    edited May 2015
    No anxiety.....just obesity here.....I don't dwell on the negative...I take the positives as a set forward....I know myself if I don't get moving I wont do any good....so if I don't do it I can only blame myself......so I get moving......self belief is a great motivator for me....love yourself no matter what you see.....do this to get healthy and fit...and for that reason only....

I say fantastic that you walked that mile...you were out in the fresh air....3 weeks ago I ran 3 minutes on my treadmill....to many that's nothing....to me it was the longest I had ran in 20 yrs.....so I was ecstatic....enjoy the small gains and achievements......take it slow and steady too...don't try to do to much at once is my biggest tip.....start slow....get used to what your new routine is and then build from there....this week I ran 10 minutes non stop.....so it gets easier....lol

You can find many like minded people on here that are having similar struggles and are at the start of this path just the same.....and many that have been there and done it and can advise.....so stick at it here it a great community if you can find the right people....
    Feel free to add me....but I warn you I am a diary delver and I keep my fl in check...and call people out if over or slacking...lol....I like the banter......Typical Yorkshire man.....say it as I see it......lol......

Good luck with your progress.....keep at it.....be patient it will happen....but do it with a smile too....that's very important......
  • edalynel
    edalynel Posts: 2 Member
    I agree, any progress no matter how small is progress. Continue and it will improve. Follow your own pace. Only you know how you feel. Fathom 73 is right concentrate on the positives. It is not always possible, so if negativity steps in, acknowledge it and then make a conscious effort to turn it around. Good luck!