question: how do you enter your daily steps count?

Options
hi guys, i am new in this kind of things. I do work on hospitality and I really walk a lot every day, Basically i never stop in 11 hrs shift. So I bought a step counter because I wanted to enter the calories I burn daily just walking and running around. my step counter says I burned 1584 calories making 4704 steps ( and it's not all the day). So I wonder: how you will enter those info on your daily diary? really appreciate any help! :) thanks

Replies

• barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My activity tracker syncs with MFP.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You can create your own "exercise label", like "steps" and type the calories burned
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Get a cheap fitbit zip and sync it to mfp. It does all the work for you :smile:
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes yes, fitbit.. or any other connectible tracker.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    iragreta wrote: »
    hi guys, i am new in this kind of things. I do work on hospitality and I really walk a lot every day, Basically i never stop in 11 hrs shift. So I bought a step counter because I wanted to enter the calories I burn daily just walking and running around. my step counter says I burned 1584 calories making 4704 steps ( and it's not all the day). So I wonder: how you will enter those info on your daily diary? really appreciate any help! :) thanks

I would be careful. 4704 steps is probably only a little over 2 miles (depending on your stride, of course), and the 1584 seems like a very high number for that distance.

You should have MFP set to the most active setting and NOT count your daily routine as exercise. This is a great way to maintain or start gaining. Try to undercount your exercise.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @iragreta I use my apple step counter and synced it to my fitness pal. I work in a hospital too and average between 1500-2100 steps a day depending on which department they float me to. That is a really high calorie count because I only get about 300-400 calories but with how much I walk.
    What are you using to count your your steps? what brand.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Walking 2 miles (`4700 steps) at a brisk 4.0 mph would only burn about 200 calories. If you take credit for 1584 calories, and use that for diet planning, you will more likely gain weight than lose.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @iragreta I use my apple step counter and synced it to my fitness pal. I work in a hospital too and average between 1500-2100 steps a day depending on which department they float me to. That is a really high calorie count because I only get about 300-400 calories but with how much I walk.
    What are you using to count your your steps? what brand.

@nopotofgold are you sure you're only doing so few steps at work ??
    I average around 2000ish steps when I'm doing nothing just pottering around at home...

If you're walking up down and around a hospital all day you should be doing far more steps than that
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @christinev297 lol you are right I mention 15000 to 20000. The difference a zero makes. Lol.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @christinev297 lol you are right I mention 15000 to 20000. The difference a zero makes. Lol.

phew lol. That sounds more like it :bigsmile: :+1: