1/3 of the way there :) Pics Included

Options
Jmgkamp
Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
Starting weight was 219 (probably higher). Current weight 187.7. Started March 4, 2015. Began with strict CICO but no exercise. Then added bike riding, maybe 3x a week for 5 slow miles. After a month I began to go the Y. Took a few Zumba/Les Mills classes (barely made it out alive). What's the worst thing to hear after an intense, almost fatal-intensity exercise class? "Alright everyone... Warm ups over, now let's start!!!" What?!?! Ack! Death is imminent!!! In April I got serious about exercising. I do 1 hour of cardio, at least, every day. Treadmill or Elliptical. Try to get 400-500 calories burned.

I'm 42, 5'2" and (obviously) Female. I'm so happy I started and can't wait to see where the road leads....

zhcvym1bt4kj.jpg
k1iaab78eqg2.jpg

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! :-)
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • gmack49767
    gmack49767 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work you look great!
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    Thank you! I swear that this community has also been a tool in my weight loss tool box :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look amazing, all the hard work has paid off xxx
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    Thank you :)

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job! You look wonderful.
  • AmySleger
    AmySleger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, what an inspiration. I'm about the same age, build and almost the same start weight. I've been coming on here to read success story's to keep up the motivation and your's has really struck a cord. I too started (again) in April. It was a great feeling to see the scale at 195 today but I'm sure it won't in the morning after my Cheesecake Factory dinner
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    Hi Amy! So happy I could inspire you :). I know, I know... Everyone says "if I can do it anyone can..." But in my case, I had decades of the worst diet, lifestyle, habits, I could go on and on.

Hope your dinner was delicious. We have to live, right? What kind of life would there be without cheesecake?! Tomorrow the scale might lie to you, since you'll for sure have some water weight - but so what? Tonight was probably worth that slight increase.

We can do this!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Man, I bet it felt great to slip into those jeans!! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    It did :). Without the hopping, yanking, pulling struggle!
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow what a huge difference! You look great!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Warm ups over now lets start, lol funniest thing I've read in quite some time. You look great! Way to go.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!