Which elliptical to buy?

Options
I am thinking of buying an elliptical trainer for my house. A friend gave me an old nordic trac one but it is lound and annoying. No wonder she gave it up out of the kindness of her heart. At least she didnt charge me for it!

I am looking at the Sole E25. It has good reviews.

Any other thoughts?

Replies

• lisa0913
    lisa0913 Posts: 22
    Options
    We have a Schwinn. Don't know the model number off hand. We've had it since December and I love it! Sturdy, quiet, and lots of programs to choose from. it was highly rated for a home machine. Ran around $800-1000.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    like lisa say a good one will be around 800 and up the cheap models are not worth it.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a Nordic trak...and its awesome. Quiet, sturdy- but rather large....I love it though!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have an Octane. It is a gym quality machine with alot of electronics. $2300.00. It sat for 2 years before I started using it. I tried out alot of models before buying this one. It is super quiet and felt the most comfortable. Don't be afraid to get on them in the store and get a feel for them.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I can tell you which one NOT to buy, I have a NordicTrack E7sv and it is horrible. Paid something like $650 (on sale) for it about 2-3 years ago and it now sits in the spare room taking up space, I can't use it because it is SO loud and makes a horrible clanking noise. Something broke inside the mechanical part of it. Of course this happened after the warranty period so we went ahead and put in a new part ($200) they (NordicTrack) told us they thought was the problem (after talking with them over the phone). That only seemed to correct the problem for a couple weeks. I probably couldn't even give the thing away. I may have to pay the garbage man to take it!

I'd like to know which one is best myself and invest in a new one that will last!
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I can tell you which one NOT to buy, I have a NordicTrack E7sv and it is horrible.

Yeah, that's the one a friend gave me. Whenever I am using it I am concerned the neighbors are going to think that my wife and I are having a seriously wild time. It is LOUD and SQUEAKY.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have a NordikTrack that I bought used, got it home and it had the famed loudness.

After taking it apart, I found that it was just the plastic shield rubbing on the flywheel.

Got out my angle grinder and cut some of the plastic off the shield, put it back together and it's good to go.

Best $150 I ever spent, it's what got me started on a daily exercise routine.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I can tell you which one NOT to buy, I have a NordicTrack E7sv and it is horrible.

Yeah, that's the one a friend gave me. Whenever I am using it I am concerned the neighbors are going to think that my wife and I are having a seriously wild time. It is LOUD and SQUEAKY.

LOL that is toooo funny!
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have had my Schwinn for about 5 years (not sure which model) and have been nothing but pleased with it. It's quiet, run smoothly, and cost about $600-700.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been looking around too..and found the Smooth Fitness CE 7.4...for around $1500.00...
    It's gotten really good reviews...
    But...wow...the thing is a monster!
    :happy: