Attn costco shopper: what do you buy most at costco?

Options
2»

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to get their oven roasted turkey breast, steak, chicken, and turkey burger. The meat is fresher and cheaper than local grocery stores.

I LOVE that they have fresh berries year round too. I am willing to pay extra during the winter for raspberries. The wine selection is also incredible and very cheap.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    We get all sorts of things. Usual stuff is hamburger buns, ground beef (sometimes, lately I been finding better hamburger elsewhere), raw chicken drumsticks & breasts, watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, apples, etc, frozen corn, green beans, frozen breaded tilapia fish, bacon, butter, yogurt, coconut oil, tortilla chips, oatmeal, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper, other misc items sometimes like clothing or pharmacy.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like to get their oven roasted turkey breast, steak, chicken, and turkey burger. The meat is fresher and cheaper than local grocery stores.

I LOVE that they have fresh berries year round too. I am willing to pay extra during the winter for raspberries. The wine selection is also incredible and very cheap.

I live in British columbia so there's no booze in our costco!!! Whenever I go to the states I'm in awe of the selection and how cheap it is. We had fun on our vacation selecting everything and were on cloud9 with the final total.

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Here are the things I find to be cheaper at Costco:

Daves Bread
    Cooking spray
    Produce
    Allergy meds (both pharmacy and over the counter)
    Roasted chicken
    Zip loc bags
    kitchen garbage bags
    TP and paper towels
    Frozen chicken breasts
    Frozen turkey burgers (my Costco is under remodel and has limited freezer and doesn't have these currently :-1:

I buy other things there but those seem to be the things that will make me plan a trip when I need them!
  • cafetyko
    cafetyko Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Think I will need to try some new things! Here's our Costco must haves:

Morningstar chipolte blackbean burgers
    Wonton shrimp soup - freezer section
    Frozen blueberries
    Fresh fruit and veggies
    Milk
    Cheeses- extra sharp cheddar
    Honeyville peanut butter powder (great in smoothies @ a fraction of the cals)
    Chia seeds
    Torta rolls
    And something from the liquor section - great prices
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    There's no costco in my city I have to drive to the next to shop there. I go once a month and make it count. I'm talking two shopping carts lol! I may need a third with all of these yummy sounding frozen goods!!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Frozen items:

- Morningstar veggie sausage patties- less than half the cost than at the grocery store
    - Basil/Pesto talapia filet- Easy & SO GOOD, 120 cals/ 18g protein I believe
    - Salmon filets- Good for grilling
    - Turkey burgers- 1/3lb only 200 cal!

Oh and a frozen swirl yogurt because I can't leave Costco without one. Usually end up with a hotdog too.

What so you use the sausage patties for? All of your frozen items sound delish. Omg costco hot dogs yummnmm! I buy one for my kids so I can shop in peace :)

I usually just eat them with eggs, or crumble them up to put in a omlette, or as a snack with a bit of melted cheese.
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We buy all of our meat and lots of fruits and veggies there. I try to buy most everything there actually. What does everyone else buy frequently there. Any great products?

- Frozen marinaded salmon
    - Salmon filets
    - Organic milk
    - Spinach
    - Protein powder
    - Kind bars
    - Justin's peanut butter cups
    - Pre hardboiled eggs
    - String cheese
    - sabra individual hummus cups
    - Kerrygold butter
    - pretzel thins (for kids mostly)
    - Frozen antioxidant berry mix
    - Jimmy Dean light breakfast sandwiches
    - Tilapia filets
    - Skinny pop kettle corn
    - Aidells sausages (great with sautéed veggies for quick meal)
    - Aidells teriyaki meatballs (see above with rice)
    - Rotisserie chicken
    - Dog food/TP/paper towels

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting about...
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Fiber one bars, Skinny Pop Popcorn meats and veggies, yes. My "favorite" is the "Better than bullion". Add it in a small amount to meals for So much flavor. Still high in sodium, but I don't care about that! I made a low calorie chicken breast with creamy caper sauce the other night that makes low calorie taste indulgent. Yum!
    I just discovered that better than bouillon and have been cooking my chicken with a bit of it so amazing!!

Oh yeah! I buy this too. And nuts.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I go to Sam's but same thing really.

TP
    tampons
    gum
    shampoo
    chicken
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Gas
    Cheese
    Bread
    French Rolls
    Chicken legs (leftover from their roasted chickens)
    Milk
    Fruit
    Veggies
    Clothes, particularly workout clothes
    motor oil, when on sale
    FitBit!
    glasses & contacts
    Aussie Organic Bites
    Tuna
    Turkey Burgers
    Baby Back Ribs
    Ground Turkey
    Hommus
    Nature's Domain Dog Food
    water
    Greek yogurt
    beer/booze/wine
    tires
    car batteries
    electronics
    Trail mix
    cereal
    spices
    rice
    vanilla

I could go on, but I buy as much as I can from Costco. Great quality, great prices, and a great return policy. The ONLY thing I hate about Costco is the way they check your cart & receipt on the way out the door. Complete BS, but I'll put up with it for all that is good about the place.