BlizzCon!

Options
skramer13
skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
Anyone else out there planning to fight for tickets if the world doesn't end? :D

I've never been...I think if I do manage to snag a couple, I'm going to set that date as my goal to have at least 30 pounds gone. Nothing like the thought of being around all the skinny peeps in SoCal to get your butt moving!

Replies

• NoPyForYou
    NoPyForYou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be there!! I have enough friends in the community that even if I don't down the queue boss myself, I'll have a ticket with my name on it. <3 my friends.

I'll tell you, BC was a HUGE motivation for me last year and I lost 20 pounds from June to the end of October. It can TOTALLY be done if you're dedicated to it.

You'll have to let me know if you get tickets!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So Jealous. No $$ to go, no time either :-( Have fun for me!
  • skramer13
    Options
    Aw...have you tried the livestream they do every year? I've heard it's worth the $40 or so they charge for it.
    I'll tell you, BC was a HUGE motivation for me last year and I lost 20 pounds from June to the end of October. It can TOTALLY be done if you're dedicated to it.
    That's AWESOME. :D
    How was the queuing process when you bought your tickets? Were you able to get through, or was it as much of a nightmare as I've heard?
  • NoPyForYou
    Options
    How was the queuing process when you bought your tickets? Were you able to get through, or was it as much of a nightmare as I've heard?

Last year there were 5 of us who tried to queue (this was day 2 of sales, we missed day one!). I was the only one in our group to get in the queue. It's definitely about being prepared. Be at your computer early, don't have anything else open, and F5 away. (Here's the F5 page in case you haven't seen it: http://us.blizzard.com/store/blizzcon-tickets.xml) Have your battlenet account setup with your Credit Card information and be logged in. Also - you may want to call your CC that morning and let them know that there may be a large incoming charge from Blizzard - this will save you getting your card declined for fraudulent activity.

It's definitely high stress - it's a high demand ticket. But, you have two shots at it! :D I hope you're able to go!!

Oooh, if you do get tickets - book your hotel IMMEDIATELY. I (and most of my friends) have had our hotels booked since the day they announced the con dates. The close ones fill up quickly!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I would do anything to go to a Blizzcon but we could never afford it. I hope you guys have a blast! We always go to a friend's house who will stream from Directv and enjoy it that way - been doing that for 3 years now. :)
  • NoPyForYou
    Options
    I would do anything to go to a Blizzcon but we could never afford it. I hope you guys have a blast! We always go to a friend's house who will stream from Directv and enjoy it that way - been doing that for 3 years now. :)

We did the live stream in '09 and LOVED it. It made us really want to be there. It's our one big trip of the year. I'll be in the costume contest again this year (best thing EVER last year!!) :) It's just fun to participate, even if it is from home!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

We did the live stream in '09 and LOVED it. It made us really want to be there. It's our one big trip of the year. I'll be in the costume contest again this year (best thing EVER last year!!) :) It's just fun to participate, even if it is from home!

Yeah I would love to do a costume!! I'm totally all about that kind of stuff. But money holds me back haha. We should be able to go next year though as we've been very "sucessful" this year with finances with paying off our debts and all. Just have to start saving! :) But yeah Livestreams are awesome. I'm really glad they do that for those that have to miss out on the real thing. And nothing beats getting together with tons of friends and doing it! I love being a nerd LOL.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Aw...have you tried the livestream they do every year? I've heard it's worth the $40 or so they charge for it.

:-( even the $40 is just too much right now. Hubby isn't working yet so we're living off of basically nothing. *looks at her $10 in the bank*
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Blizzcon is a blast. I went to Blizzcon '08 and '09. And the venue keeps getting bigger and bigger from what I hear.
  • skramer13
    Options
    Scalpers make me want to punch babies. That pretty much sums up how well the queue went today. -_-
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    I haven't played WoW for about two years now. How's Cataclysm? Worth going back for or am I gonna be completely lost and overwhelmed?
  • skramer13
    Options
    I haven't played WoW for about two years now. How's Cataclysm? Worth going back for or am I gonna be completely lost and overwhelmed?
    Cataclysm is awesome. I started playing WoW again in February after I'd stopped for about a year, and I was able to pick right back up. I don't have any complaints, and there's only been one thing that confused me thus far - an achievement called "Stood in the Fire." I'd never heard of it before it happened to me, but apparently Deathwing just sort of flies around between zones at his leisure and fries everything in his path. I was in the Arathi Highlands when all of a sudden everything went red and my toon just dropped dead. To say the least, I was pretty confused! lol
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Haha not gonna lie, that sounds pretty awesome. I was pretty addicted when I used to play. Maybe I can use it as a sort of reward if I ate well or exercised for the day then I can play for a while. I miss my enhancement shammie and would love to make some kind of worgen toon!

And to stay a bit on-topic, I live in so-cal and have never been to a Blizzcon. Timing just never worked out. Either I couldn't get tickets when I had money or didn't have the money when I could get tickets.