Trying to lose the last 10 lbs

Options
kasem263
kasem263 Posts: 3 Member
hey guys almost at my goal weight. I hit a plateau. I'm at my last 10 lbs that I want to lose. Open to any suggestions or advice. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. If you aren't weighing everything, start. If there's something you haven't been logging (condiments, oils, etc), start.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The last 10 are the toughest. What I did is started hiking more, and that worked. It's very difficult at this point to do it with calories alone. It can be done, but it seems like it takes forever. If you start working out remember to never eat back more than 1/2 of the calories you're burning, as everything, including MFP overestimate those.

Good Luck you can do this!
  • arditarose
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    The last 10 are the toughest. What I did is started hiking more, and that worked. It's very difficult at this point to do it with calories alone. It can be done, but it seems like it takes forever. If you start working out remember to never eat back more than 1/2 of the calories you're burning, as everything, including MFP overestimate those.

Good Luck you can do this!

I found doing less cardio to make it tricky too. But I didn't want to up my cardio to a level that I would not sustain in maintenance. That's why I really decided to rely on my diet/logging. I actually stopped cardio haha.
  • kasem263
    kasem263 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I bought a bicycle to help motivate me to get outdoors more. Hopefully I can lose weight and enjoy exercising.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, for many people what gets them out of a plateau is to eat at maintenance for a few days. I'm not sure why it works...maybe it signals the release of water weight or something along those lines. But it works for lots of people.

In addition to arditarose's suggestion, you might also add an extra activity like a quick jog around the block each day. Or find ways to keep moving while you're having to sit. I sometimes put on ankle weights and do leg extensions under my desk at work. Even 20-50 extra calories burned a day can help over the course of weeks.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oddly enough, for many people what gets them out of a plateau is to eat at maintenance for a few days. I'm not sure why it works...maybe it signals the release of water weight or something along those lines. But it works for lots of people.

In addition to arditarose's suggestion, you might also add an extra activity like a quick jog around the block each day. Or find ways to keep moving while you're having to sit. I sometimes put on ankle weights and do leg extensions under my desk at work. Even 20-50 extra calories burned a day can help over the course of weeks.

Yeah, I rarely suggest it because I don't really know the science behind it or what's up with it. But I tend to have a whoosh when I go on a little diet break. In fact, I got so mad I wasn't losing my last few pounds I just gave up and finally lost them when I went into maintenance.
  • cscully11
    cscully11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought an up24 fitness tracker and the smart coach on the app makes you feel guilty if you haven't done enough steps so gets you up and moving around. You can also set the band to buzz every time you haven't made any steps for at least half an hour you can link it straight to MFP so it tracks the food your eating and MFP links to the up app and tracks how many steps you've taken which tells you how many calories you've burned