Join me on this TurboFire Journey

Options
Today was my Day 1 of the TurborFire Journey. I've actually done the workout for a week now, but I really wasn't committed to it. Lastnight, I decided enough was enough! I'm going to start over & follow the schedule & not over think the whole process. I've got 24 pounds to lose & I know I can do this.

Honestly, I put the blame on my hubby for my weight gain. I know its all on me. He didn't force feed me... lol This is my fault and I'm the only one that can make the change. All my life I've been on some sort of a diet, so I've got a pretty good idea as to what works for me. I know, I'm over thinking the process already.... I'm going to stop talking now & just take a deep breath.

Hope at least 1 of you joins me on this Journey... I'm sure it'll be fun...

Replies

• wunkywaist
    wunkywaist Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started the classic turbo jam today. I liked it, but I felt clumsy. I'm planning on sticking with the 15-minute beginner routine until I'm comfortable with the moves. I thought I would do a sculpting routine in the a.m. before I get ready for work & then to the cardio in the evening. How many days per week are you doing the Turbo Fire routines?
  • jf2313
    jf2313 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I did Turbo Jam a year or so again and just recently got started with Turbo Fire. It is fun, but I do feel a little lost at first being that I am not the most coordinated person!
  • KaniaLinei
    KaniaLinei Posts: 5
    Options
    @ wunkywaist
    Since I'm making today my official Day 1, I decided to follow the schedule which is gives you a scheduled Rest day each week. So my 1st Rest day is this Monday. I am a bit worried about that day since I know it will be hard to get motivated when you haven't done any exercise. I'm thinking that I would just go for a walk (if the weather is nice) or jump on my elliptical for a quick 15 - 30 minute workout.

Good Luck! I know we can do this... Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • KaniaLinei
    Options
    @ jf2313

I know what you mean... lol.. I've always known I couldn't dance, when I started out with Zumba, I learned just how bad I was. Talk about 2 left feet... lol

How is TurboJam different from TurboFire?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,564 Member
    Options

How is TurboJam different from TurboFire?

The difference is like comparing a jalapeno pepper to a habanero pepper. :laugh:

Love all the TURBO programs! I did Fire 55EZ this morning
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I just finished Inferno week, and will be starting the regular schedule on Monday. :) Good luck!!
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    Hey my Turbofire people! I love working out with Chalene. She is very motivating even though when she says "Your not tireddd!" ..but I really am tired. haha :) This is this the Dvd program have ever tryed at home and I love it, and it has already changed my body. In 5 weeks Ive lost 10 pounds and counting more every week. :) I really feell like this is the program and type of excersize that my body needs to reach of ultimate goal. Seriously though. Anywhooooo. Thats my 2 cents for now. I am off for some Fire 55. p.s. I love the Core 20 class! :)

Shannon
  • KaniaLinei
    Options
    Just finised my 1st Hiit workout (Hiit 15 + Stretch 10). Amazing how you can break out in a sweat in just 15 minutes... I love it. Good luck to everyone on there Fitness Journey. Keep it up! We got this!!!
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    Hey Kania-- I think that you are over thinking it!! ha. To be successful you have to always think that your a winner, I like that you know what works for you. Stick to that. I am on week 6 of TF and I dont follow the sugestted eating plan--because I know what works for me! They want you to buy all different kinds of food. Well, that is too expensive and I am not going to cook all that stuff all the time, and Im a chef so I certainly love cooking. Anyways, I have lost a lot of weight over ther years so I know that tons of grilled chicken, frozen veggies, salad, egg whites, heartland whole grain angel hair, and skim millk is what works for me to lose weight. ha, and no bread, thats alwasysssssmy weakness. Ha! But if you know what works out for you, then DO it. BUT, only the nutritional aspect. I see that you mention you might just "go for a walk" or a quick 20-30 mins on elliptical. That is exactly what has been keeping you from really excelling and pushing YOURSELF. You body may not 'plateau' from eating the same things over and over, but it will plateau and dramatically halt weight loss. Changing the way you work out and the amount will change your body [for the better]! For real, I have hit several plateaus over the years. First is was the under 185 pound mark....it took foreverrr to get under 180. Then again when trying to get into the 160's. I hit a plateau the past year going up and down in the 155-165 mark. Before Turbofire, I was going to the gym 6 days a week. Hour long spin classes 4 times a week. Sitting in the sauna sweating off the weight for 20 mins. Running probably 8-10 miles a week. I did that for months but couldnt stay under 155 on my 'fat days' or 'skinny days'. When I starting Turbo I was like "uh yea right, they are moving waayyy too fast for me..i will never want to watch the same dvd's over and over..blah blah blah.' Well, I stopped making excuses and decided to really committ. That wasnt hard because Chalene is so freakin motivating. Shes better than this awesome personal trainer I had at my gym for one summer. Anyways, it gave me results fast and I loveeee how I can do 15-20 mins of huffing and puffing and it freakin works!!! I never thought that doing such short workouts could shock and change my body. I was used to going ot the gym for 2-2 1/2 hours a day! I cant begin to explain how much I like this program. You know, we are not all perfect either. I slipped up ate like **** for probably a total of 7 days since I started. And I have missed like 7 workouts. I have school, work, a life!! I thought that I wouldnt succeed since I kept slipping up, but I still did!! Thats why I love Turbofire. If I were doing reguular workouts at my gym and missed 2 days a week, I would probably gain weight. lol. Even when I have a bad day I am excited to pop in the dvd and watch Chalene and start burning calories! Anyways, enough with my long *kitten* story. What I am trying to say is that always keep pushing play! Your body will change quick. Take pics!!!!! Before and every 4 weeks. I never thought I had lost so much till I checked out my day 1 and day 30 pics. No doubt you will be getting some double takes if you stick with this program. :) That was a long 2 cents. lol

Shannon
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    oops I screwed up...the sentence shoulddd say...

"...Your body may not 'plateau' from eating the same things over and over, but it will plateau and dramatically halt weight loss IF you do the same workouts over and over, like hoping on the elliptical. Changing how you work out and the amount of time and days you put into it will change your body [for the better]! For real....
  • joboz
    joboz Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I'm actually doing my first TurboFire workout tonight once i get home from work. It's my first time doing it.... so here's hoping!

jody