Pescetarian diet help!!

Options
I've been living the pescetarian life for 5.5 years now but in the past year I've put on 2 stone (28lb). I am 5ft 5in & now a size UK 12. I weight 10st 6lbs (146lb) now & I'm getting really depressed. I am wondering if anyone has any diet plans that would help me? My partner is vegetarian but when we eat together I make vegan meals as I cannot eat dairy or any for of dairy substitute. Anyone help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just eat the same things only a little less. Eat at a calorie deficit.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Seafood is a great source of protein, which should help you to feel fuller longer. Primrose is right: eat the same things only a little less to get into a caloric deficit. You really don't need to give up eating anything that you enjoy.

Give it some time and you'll see a change in the right direction. You don't have too far to go!
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat very close to a vegan diet (no meat, no eggs, a little dairy). Are you eating varied foods? Are you getting lots of beans and/or nuts in every day? Those are going to be the foods with lots of fiber and protein, so they'll keep you fuller, longer.

Also, do you have your goals set accurately here on MFP, and are you tracking accurately? As long as you're eating in a deficit, even it's not super healthy (had popcorn for dinner yesterday, yo!), you'll still lose.
  • alannaccousar
    alannaccousar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've reduced my calorie intake to 1200 per day & been doing that for a few wks now. Hopefully starting the gym next wk as long as I finish work on time.