Pushing double stroller up a steep hill.

Options
I'm not able to go to a gym so have to walk outside. I decided to challenge myself and walk down hill about 2 km and walk back up. It's a steep hill, really good incline. The combination of stroller and kids is probably between 90-100lbs. Just wondering if this could count as a weighted exercise as well as cardio because my butt was on fire the next day!

Replies

• DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not sure it could be counted as a truly weighted exercise, though I am sure it felt that way. Some really high end treadmills can elevate to over a 20% grade, a fairly steep incline to walk or run. The small percentage of weighted exercise that this might include is focused more on your arms. The grip and arm strength required to maintain and push that weight. The major part was cardio. On the bright side, if you continue this routine you will eventually have buns and especially calves of steel.

Good Luck!
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would count it!! I think it is a better exercise then on a treadmill!! Should keep track of your time too to see if you can improve on it!
  • daneisha
    daneisha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    DMLC2014 wrote: »
    I would count it!! I think it is a better exercise then on a treadmill!! Should keep track of your time too to see if you can improve on it!

I agree!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    DMLC2014 wrote: »

That's a great idea! I had to take a few breaks and would like to be able to rip up it break free.
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Soon you will be running up it!! :)