Anyone going to be in a wedding in September?

Options
I am a bridesmaid for a wedding in September and we just picked out dresses last night and got measured for them. Can I say UGH! Anyone else going though this?

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid for a wedding in September and we just picked out dresses last night and got measured for them. Can I say UGH! Anyone else going though this?

Not quite that, but I have an upcoming trip to Chicago to visit a friend and a very specific dress that I want to wear.
  • butterflyinchrysalis
    Options
    Yes but it really put a reality check on me and my weight. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in October. We got our dresses in December because the dresses were to be discontinued. My original dress was a size 20. I was a size 18 at the time. Well I lost 40 pounds since then. I had to order another dress at a size 12. I'm currently a size 14. Luckily the dress can be taken in 3 sizes.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm a bridesmaid in my moms wedding. :( I ordered a 26. Its so sad. I fit in the 24 perfectly fine except it suffocated my boobs.... So im hoping that i have to get it altered somewhere else because i lost more than 3 sizes :) If you need to order a different size do you have to pay for a new dress completely? I was curious about that
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a friends in July. I need to get mine altered :)
  • butterflyinchrysalis
    Options
    A dress can only be taken in no more than 3 sizes without ruining the dress. This is what a dressmaker told me. If you lose weight before the wedding, you have to buy another dress. I had to buy the second dress but being smaller is well worth the price.
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We got our dresses at David's Bridal and they will send them back for different sizes for free.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    since davids bridal and alfred angelo are pretty much the same you think alfred angelo would do that too?? now im like "damn that dress was about 200 bucks"
  • shihtzuallie
    shihtzuallie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am! I am in a wedding that is on my anniversary, September 4th...going to order the dress Monday...it sorta stinks not knowing what size I will be at that time. I am certainly not going to stop losing weight to fit into my current dress size tho. I started January 1st and have lost 44 pounds so far. I am glad I didn't order a dress in January! Although I have lost some weight...I am still not looking forward to the measurement thing.......maybe when the dress comes in :smile:
  • MrsFoster18
    Options
    I would call and ask them to be sure!!!
  • MrsFoster18
    Options
    Mine is a size 20 but I wear a size 14 street pants and L tops..... so I'm hoping to lose 3 dress sizes by then! One bridal shop we went too made you pay 30 extra dollars on your dress if you were fat!! (over size 20).
  • butterflyinchrysalis
    Options
    @corgilover Better look into that David Bridal thing more closely. My dress was ordered from them and I could not get another dress due to weight loss. check on their website. I think it is different for the bride though. At a size 14 that is the lowest that you can go without getting another dress. Is your dress on the site. Mine cam go 3 sizes due to the cut. Dress number 2 is a 12. I think I can get to a size 10 by October. Here is my dress it's in fern.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Chiffon-Sleeveless-Dress-with-Beaded-Empire-D19352_Bridal-Party-Sale