Seeking friends gaining weight

Options
Hello

As some people on here will know I am on a mission to gain back 8lbs to regain a healthy BMI. I have a fair number of wonderful and supportive friends on MFP already who give me a lot of motivation and support but it would be great to meet others who are also trying to gain weight and build muscle (female or male). I sometimes struggle to meet the recommend calories because I exercise a lot and I am interested in looking at others diaries for some healthy inspiration.

Schnarfo.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    what did you do to get ur abs toned? I'm trying to lose weight/tone my abs, but having a hard time with the toning up! Thanks!!!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    what did you do to get ur abs toned? I'm trying to lose weight/tone my abs, but having a hard time with the toning up! Thanks!!!

This is my routine....

Monday - step class and body pump
    Tuesday - 30 min cardio machines and then 10 mins of abs - crunches, sit ups, plank, (i dunno the name of most of the stuff i do.... putting my knees to the side and lifting up forward to work the waist, putting my leg up and crunches, scissors)
    wednesday - body combat and then weight machines and free weights, plus more abs as above
    Thursday - step class plus abs
    Friday - body pump
    Sat/Sun - I only work out one day over Sat and Sun but ill do 40 min cardio and then abs

I wont work out both Tues and Thurs - its one or the other, usually step class.

:)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

As some people on here will know I am on a mission to gain back 8lbs to regain a healthy BMI.

I am not the friend you are looking for, but I just wanted to say I really admire your goal to gain weight. In this day and age, many messages are the thinner the better and it is difficult to fight that message. Good luck on your goal to get into a health range of BMI. It is nice to see all types of goals here. Not just the ones about losing weight.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    Bump :(
  • jf2313
    jf2313 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! I am not really trying to gain at the moment but I am right on the verge of a healthy versus unhealthy BMI. I am tall and love to work out. I have lost 55 pounds since having my two kids and now I am trying to maintain that. I would never have connsidered myself fat, just unhealthy eating habits and not working out put on some unwanted weight. I love to run and just dont have a huge appetite so getting enough calories is a struggle.I am wantingto run a marathon and am a little nervous about what that will do to me wight wise. It will truly be a struggle to get enough healthy calories as crazy as that sounds to most people. I would love you to friend me if you would like.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! I am not really trying to gain at the moment but I am right on the verge of a healthy versus unhealthy BMI. I am tall and love to work out. I have lost 55 pounds since having my two kids and now I am trying to maintain that. I would never have connsidered myself fat, just unhealthy eating habits and not working out put on some unwanted weight. I love to run and just dont have a huge appetite so getting enough calories is a struggle.I am wantingto run a marathon and am a little nervous about what that will do to me wight wise. It will truly be a struggle to get enough healthy calories as crazy as that sounds to most people. I would love you to friend me if you would like.

Thankyou!! :D You are in amazing shape! I also make very bad food choices! Im sure together we can support each other though!