Off and on

Options
been on mfp for 2 years and have basically stayed the same. A couple of years ago I lost 15 lbs. it was marvelous but now it's back and there is an entire section of my closet that just won't fit. In general I've been staying on track but ya know.. I'm in need of some pointers! Are all of you in the lose 1 lb or 2 lb or .5 lb? I don't want to set myself up for failure since I've noticed that the lose 1 lb option is recommended.

Replies

• patsiwatsi0613
    patsiwatsi0613 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    been on mfp for 2 years and have basically stayed the same. A couple of years ago I lost 15 lbs. it was marvelous but now it's back and there is an entire section of my closet that just won't fit. In general I've been staying on track but ya know.. I'm in need of some pointers! Are all of you in the lose 1 lb or 2 lb or .5 lb? I don't want to set myself up for failure since I've noticed that the lose 1 lb option is recommended.

• byusuri
    byusuri Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 2 lb option and it's hard. Everything seems to be sooo high in calories. The only thing that saves me is burning it off in the gym. Cardio work keeps me in line.
  • 9mike
    9mike Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Add me if u want
  • patsiwatsi0613
    Options
    Aye. I think I might die of depression with the 2 lb option! I just love food too much :( anyone on Fitbit?
  • byusuri
    byusuri Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    You only have a face pic. But, you don't look like you need the 2 lb option. Shoot, even 1 lb doesn't seem fitting. I've used Fitbit before. Didn't help motivate me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight, and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Am on the 1lb a week but av just started tae so gonni see how it goes and work from there but I do a lot of cardio aswell
  • patsiwatsi0613
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I ideally have 15-20 lbs to lose. I'm going to set myself up for the 0.5 lb per week option.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Yay, you! Find some Fitbit friends & start doing challenges. They're great motivation—and fun.
  • sebnemjett
    sebnemjett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I got 60 lbs to loose I need supporters, pointers, any help.I quit too easily n start a new diet n exercise every other week or at least promise of it n cause of that my 15lb over weigh turn into 60 but I m committed this time. Today my day 1 please help me, add me to support!!
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am in 2 lb range weekly. Not easy, but sticking with it. If I don't lose 2 I still stay with that number. It's hard to lose, sowhatever number I see I am thankful. It helps me to be careful what goes in my mouth, nutrition plays a big role at least for me.