Yum yum for my flat tum :-)

Options
never realised that prawns and crab was such a low cal food!!

Got some massive fresh shelled prawns from the Market and some crab meat for dinner and they came to around 200 cals!

Did the prawns in a frying pan with some crushed garlic and a few sprays of 1 cal oil spray with some homemade crab salad.

Thought it would be well high in calories, but only around 250 with a squirt of light Mayo and I'm well stuffed!
Plus bumped my protein up :-)

Anymore great tasting low cal foods?

Replies

• jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    ALLS I CAN SAY IS YUM!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no suggestions to offer but may I just add YUM!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Mmmmm...love seafood. :)
  • tiarra77
    tiarra77 Posts: 39
    Options
    YEP! IMMA MARYLAND CRAB-BER AND LOOOVE CRABS! YUM:happy:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I had some gorgeous fresh oysters yesterday - also really low cal - and packed with lots of vitamins...
    No to everyone's taste, but tofu is another good protein source with reasonably low cals..... I must say I am still trying to figure out ways to make it reasonably palatable - garlic, chilli or curry seems to be the way to go :-)
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    OMG ... Love seafood. Specially browns.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Grew up on seafood best thing ever
  • Rikki_Sixx
    Rikki_Sixx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ace idea Danny, I've been doing similar. I've been making Pad Thai quite a lot after work recently, it's amazing and much healthier than I expected!

Pretty much just prawns, thinly sliced pork fillet (or chicken - could even ditch the meat and just use prawns if you prefer), beansprouts and whatever veg you fancy, stir-fried with a bit of garlic, chilli, sugar, chinese vinegar and fish sauce (or a tbsp of pad thai sauce from a jar). Even if you chuck in some egg noodles, it's only around 250cal - i've been adding cashews into the mix too, which surprisingly took it over 300cal, but I don't see how they can be unhealthy haha.

Google the recipe, it's much easier than it looks here - only takes about 15 mins including prep time!