It truly is the slow turtle who wins the fat loss race.

Options
californiagirl2012
californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
These were my thoughts last night as I worked out. I just wanted to encourage people that even the fat loss phase serves a big purpose. It would not help you if you achieved it instantly.

I think of all the women who have started all over again after having had the various surgical procedures and HCG diet; for most of them that set them behind instead of ahead, although they will have that lesson forever which in itself can be an example for others (for the good of others).

It's the slow turtle that wins this race, the one who embraces all the lessons along the way, and the one who learns to love herself even when not perfect.

Right now I'm running to stay in place (maintaining).

Every lesson I've learned through hardship and adversity is coming into play.

Every job I've ever had since high school over 30 years ago gave me the skills for right now, to live my destiny.

It's the same for you too.

Whatever hardship or adversity or crappy thing you are facing will teach you skills for life.

It isn't the first time you faced adversity and crappy things, and it will not be the last either.

Nothing you go through is a wasted effort. It all has value for propelling you forward.

I would be mostly useless for what I do now if I didn't face obesity and health issues, menopause and hormone issues, issues raising kids, all the various troubleshooting jobs for 25 years at Hewlett Packard, all of the years of dealing with people in various situations, even the Police Academy and every time I do a patrol shift or go to a training scenario.

It all adds up.

It all has use.

So have hope and ‪Never Give Up, Never Settle, Never Quit

That is how we do it!!

BOOM! B)

Live your dream

Roberta

16440072.png

Replies

• sgfoster110
    sgfoster110 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look good and are doing so great for a middle aged women. Good advice too. Keep it up.
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you are doing great period!
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your 54!!!!! No way.....u look absolutely fantastic....WOW....is all I can say
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Thank you! haha someone looked at my profile, yes I'm 54 <3B)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Inspiring post :) thank you
  • Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So true and inspiring!! :)
  • catbirdly
    catbirdly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Yesterday is gone, today is a new day! <3<3 A new glorious day for us all to make good choices!
  • maceyanglin
    maceyanglin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow I needed that! Thank You!
    You look younger than me and I'm 25 lol Awesome Job!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Holy Cow I needed that! Thank You!
    You look younger than me and I'm 25 lol Awesome Job!

You can do it too! Keep going. We all can lose the weight and pick up some heavy things and both of those are truly the fountain of youth! For REALZ <3 I looked very matronly when I was overweight!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!