Know of any good Romance books?

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I also recommend the Bridal series by Nora Roberts and the Morrigan's Cross series. There's another trilogy by her, I think it's called the Circle Trilogy, but I couldn't swear to it right now. It's about 3 friends and a curse that visits their town every 7 years.

Anyway, I hope that helps. =)

Nora Roberts' McGregor series and In the Garden series is great.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just read the search and chasiing fire by nora roberts, both were excellent.

I like the books by emily giffin too
  • katepolden
    katepolden Posts: 38
    Options
    Julia Quinn is great in a sort of embarrassing good regency romance kind of way! You know the sort of book where you know what is going to happen by the end of page 2 but you love reading the whole thing anyway?
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Yep...just ordered the Black Dagger Brotherhood box set.....oh boy, the rest of May is going to be fun!

LOL, I read the first book to that. They have some crazy names; Wrath, Zsadist, Phury...gotta love it.

haha yeah the Kresley Cole books have all sorts of names that I can barely pronounce...it's all good :happy:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorites are Jane Austen's books. First pick would be Persuasion. Second is Emma.
    Georgette Hyer (or Heyer?) also writes Regency period romance. Very good reads.

It is fantasy, too (and teen fiction, but without all the wretched stuff that makes typical teen fiction so nauseating) but Goose Girl by Shannon Hale is excellent, and has a nice romance worked in.
  • edorice
    Options
    I just read the search and chasiing fire by nora roberts, both were excellent.

I like the books by emily giffin too

I just finished Something Borrowed & Something Blue by Giffen. She has another called Love the One You're With that seems interesting. I read the preview for it.
  • edorice
    Options
    My absolute favorites are Jane Austen's books. First pick would be Persuasion. Second is Emma.
    Georgette Hyer (or Heyer?) also writes Regency period romance. Very good reads.

Persuasion is surprising good. I've read a couple of Jane Austen inspired books as well. Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange was very nice. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. It's from Darcy's perspective.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    can't believe no one has mentioned the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon....best book ever!!

Sounds like a western, I'll have to check it out on Amazon.

Not western...Scottish highlands with some time travel mixed in.
  • writtenINthestars
    Options
    ::adds "Outlander" to wish list....and the whole series::

Dammit!
  • edorice
    Options
    can't believe no one has mentioned the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon....best book ever!!

Sounds like a western, I'll have to check it out on Amazon.

Not western...Scottish highlands with some time travel mixed in.

So, I can read it and envision Kevin McKidd in the role of main character? Adding to Amazon wishlist too.
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    This may not seem like romance but it has action and love too..... vampires as well. The Black dagger Brotherhood
  • writtenINthestars
    Options
    Oh man I am such a romance novel lush. Had to go to Walmart and picked up two more books...by authors I didn't know but ones about cowboys and one's called "A Wild Ride" lmao so yeah...
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    by steamy romance do you mean the type of book you read and constantly look over your shoulder to see if any one else sees what you are reading?

Haha! I was reading from my Kobo in my college library a few months back... and whatever it was I was reading was S-T-E-A-M-Y, and one of the faculty came up and started asking me about my Kobo... I'm pretty sure I just blankly stared at her as my brain tried to remember exactly where I was!! She repeated her question politely... although I'm SURE she knew what I was reading!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Stopped off at Barnes & Noble last night after work. I picked up Outlander upon suggestion, thank you. I got another copy of Die for You for a friend of mine at work, her birthday is Monday.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you like Nora Roberts, try Susan Mallery - she has a lot of books about friends/sisters. I'll read pretty much any romance too - I'm not picky but I don't put hers down. I think I read 5 of her books on my last vacation (Marcelli series).
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Karen Marie Moning wrote a highlander series and fever series, both were excellent! :blushing:

Currently reading the latest in the fever series. Love them!

Also if you want historical I am on a Julia Quinn kick. Love her and her sense of humor.

When I get home I can give you a huge list of authors. :bigsmile: Been reading romance novels since I was in 7th grade.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i will second the recommendations of karen marie moning and kresley cole! (i've read books by both authors, and actually just finished the 6th book in the immortals after dark series by kresley cole, for the 3rd time)... her series "if you dare/desire/deceive" books about 3 cursed brothers is really good too!

hi, my name is mandy, and i have a book addiction. i am not to be left unsupervised in barnes & noble with my credit card.

I totally agree with the karen marie moning books all very good, also recently i have added Ilona Andrews and Devon Monk to my list of good authors.

I too have a book addiction, however the supervision doesnt work for me anymore since I have a sony ereader and I can just go to my computer pull up the website and click BUY and no one is the wiser.........
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's another reason I love my Nook. No one has to know what I'm buying, don't get embarrassed with any purchases. It's been freeing!!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

I was just about to say this series, but was perusing to see if anyone else had said it.

Outlander and the rest of the series is excellent. Well written, very historical, with a good thread of romance. It tends to be put in the romance section, but I wouldn't particularly classify if as such.

Definitely a great read. Some of my all time favorite books.

Then there is the Kushiel's Dart and that series by Jacqueline Carey (sp?). It's in the fantasy/sci-fi section and a little darker, but has a great romance in there, too!

These aren't the typical cheesiness that you get out of the romance section.
  • barefootgardener
    Options
    I have recently become obsessed with The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels by J.R. Ward. vampire romance. I feel like a dork reading them but they are soooooo good.