Any other women have this problem?

Options
rhinomidget
rhinomidget Posts: 52 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else get extremely horrific bloating before AND after your period? I usually bloat the week before, a little bit during, and a few days after.. is my body just idiotic or does anyone else suffer from this?

Besides drinking more water and doing more cardio (and avoiding salty food), is there anything I can do to beat the bloat or do I just have to live with it until I eventually go back to normal?

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing the right things. Most of us have just lived with it. You can research foods that are natural (mild!) diuretics but they probably won't make a big difference.

Word of advice: Don't weigh yourself those days. :-)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    This is me and nope, nothing to be done about it other than remember that it's bloat and not fat. It all goes to my belly, just before and all during. Day after I stop and poof, it's gone!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Related question: are your bloat and cramps coincident, or do you routinely have one without the other?
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I only got bloated just before and during when I had periods, but I got seriously bad bloating when I did +10lbs a couple times and the whole pot belly look. Pretty discouraging if your trying to lose weight!

If it's super bad you can talk to your doctor but I found drinking dandelion tea twice a day and lots of water about a week before your due to start bloating and till after "that time" helped quite a bit.
    Aqua ban is supposed to be great but I found it a little overpriced for less debloat than the dandelion tea.

* edit - actual dandelion tea not the tea bag kind made by clipper or similar.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to find eating salty foods like pretzels made this water retention much, much worse. If you can hold off on some of the salty foods (I used to crave them unfortunately at those times) it might be helpful. Definitely drinking more water helps reduce also.