One year adventure

Options
Hey everyone!
My name is Sarah. After having two children within 3 years and gaining 50lbs I decided it was time for a change.

I've always struggled with my weight but it had never gotten so out of control.

I want to be here with my children for as long as possible and I don't want to be controlled by my insecurities and bad eating habits anymore.

Another reason I've mentally checked myself into making this the real deal is because i am getting married next year in May. I think it's great that there are overweight and bigger women who are comfortable being in wedding dresses and pictures but with where I'm at right now, I know I would look back down the road and hate myself for not at least trying to be a happier person.

Looks are by no means everything in life but happiness is. Right now I can say I'm happy and that I think I look and feel great but that would be a lie.

I came on here to introduce myself in hopes to find support as well as motivation and inspiration. If you find yourself on a similar path then let's be friends and go through this adventure together!

This app is awesome btw! Hopefully I can get to know some of you a little better! =)

Replies

• ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding plans! You got this, just keep tabs of what you eat daily, no matter what!
  • SarahMarie0224
    SarahMarie0224 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @ElkeKNJ

Thank you!! I love it because it's literally all you have to do. And the bar code scan makes it so simple!
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good luck, hope MFP helps you achieve your goals
  • SarahMarie0224
    Options
    @TheSurge0n
    Thanks!! Me too! =)
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!

This may not be for everyone, but one of my strategies for staying on track was to set smaller, achievable goals as I went along. I would plan a reward in advance at the time I set the goal. Making the goals achievable was important. Make sure it is something that is easily in your reach.

It helped me, and the smaller goals made the overall goal a lot less intimidating. I hope it can help you too!
  • SarahMarie0224
    Options
    @seiffertrk
    Thanks for the bit of advice! That has to be one of my biggest downfalls. Not being able to obtain these huge goals immediately. I hate math so mfp makes my counting so much easier! Haha. Thanks again!!!
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm along the same path as you! I've been dieting for almost a month now and have lost 12 lbs. I'm getting married on September 26th. I already have my dress and it is gorgeous but I was very self conscious about my neck and arms. You can do this! I'm adding you.
  • SarahMarie0224
    Options
    @aubtimusprime that's awesome! I can't wait to get married but I want to be happy and healthy! =) let's keep each other motivated! Lol.