Arms!!

PositiveMummy
PositiveMummy Posts: 56
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello again everyone,

I'm doing good on my diet and losing weight but I still have really chubby wobbly arms and wondered if anyone can recommend the best ways of burning the fat off them?? But without getting big arm muscles, cos that kind of defeats the object...

Thanks xx

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Lift some weights. You won't get big arms.
  • like Mad said lift weight trust me been there and i know the deal you will not get bulk arms
  • rgraubner
    rgraubner Posts: 31
    Most women can't get extremely ripped without taking something, like steroids. We don't have enough testosterone in our bodies to make us look big and muscly. Arm exercises will help tone your muscles and give you slim arms :)
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    I'm in the same boat...any tips on which exercises will work best?
  • rgraubner
    rgraubner Posts: 31
    I do seated rows, tricep push downs, bicep curls, etc to help with my biceps and triceps. I also have been adding in some overhead and vertical presses to work my shoulders and upper arm muscles. I've been doing these exercises 3-4 times a week since January of this year, and I've noticed my arms slimming down and gaining muscle.
  • BarbSpirig
    BarbSpirig Posts: 1
    I just do arm circles to Bon Jovi "livin on a prayer". It really burns!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    My options are fat arms, or man arms. I am going for man arms, as they've been fat for too long. I just don't agree about women not getting big muscles. Actually, a fair few of us do. I do, and I am not abnormal.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Lift weights, and lift heavy. It takes years of dedication, the perfect genes, and often illegal supplements for a woman to get bulky arms.
  • Thanks everyone for your answers (if a little mixed up!) I will start lifting some weights while I do Kinect fitness evolved as there are workout sections that say you can use weights on them. I honestly thought that lifting weights would give me big muscles and not slim arms! Just proves that I still have a lot to learn haha.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    positivemummy, you cannot pick and choose where you lose fat, so the only *specific* thing you can do for your arms is to work them, so that as the fat comes off your body (in sometimes frustratingly odd places), you start building up those arm muscles. The better toned those muscles are, the better your arms will look as the fat comes off.
    Be sure, however, to work out your chest and back muscles as well. Merely working out the triceps and biceps isn't enough to give you those nice sculpted arms that you're wanting. It's a whole package kind of thing. the better your shoulders, upper back, etc. look, the better your arms will look too. No one wants to have great biceps only to have underarm fat hanging out of that sleeveless top! LOL
    Good luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Lift weights, and lift heavy. It takes years of dedication, the perfect genes, and often illegal supplements for a woman to get bulky arms.

It must depend on your definition of bulky. I see pictures of people on here with arms bigger than I would want, and I haven't taken years, don't take anything illegal nor do I have perfect genes, and yet I put on arm muscle very fast, well all muscle, but I definitely get bulky man arms when I lift. I am getting them now just from doing circuits, and the heaviest weights are 5kgs. I am I think most women, don't want bulky, obvious muscles.
  • Focus on your triceps. That's what I did to get rid of unwanted arm fat! (Still working on it though)

I personally love tricep kickbacks. :)
This discussion has been closed.