Any other gals out there with endometriosis and/or pcos trying to lose weight?

Options
I have endometriosis and probably pcos so losing weight is extra hard! I've had some success this last month doing a paleoish diet , but am having trouble staying motivated . I always tend to get a little depressed with transitioning to summer and ending school
What have you guys found to work?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16 (I'm not just a *bit* older LOL). For most people with PCOS, a low GI diet works really well...except for me LOL. I'm apparently special. It never did much for me other than making me crabby. What works best for me is incorporating exercise. For me, that's critical. Reduce food, increase exercise.

Find what works for you. It's very doable, but not easy.
  • nellysen
    nellysen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am 33 years old. When I am motivated enough and stick to it, i have amazing success with low carbs (not none... low) and of course exercise (anything even walking) at least 3 times a week.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi there,

I have severe endometriosis. Advised by a doctor to reduce my body fat as Oestrogen is stored in adipose tissue (fat). I have other health problems. I have lost weight and my endo is 90% better. I cut down on carbs (especially refined white carbs) and upped protein. I don't eat meat. Good luck and I hope it works for you. Here is my "before" and after pics:

August last year: 186lb (borderline obese)
    kktq19gft463.jpg

Today 142lb

e8qxr4qz0yl8.gif
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Me! Doing low carb