Training for Police Academy! Alot of work to go.

Options
polijex
polijex Posts: 25 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Jeremy, 30 weigh 295 Dispatcher for police department and starting diet and exercise regiment! first time keeping track of everything i do and eat, hoping for the best!

Replies

• chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Noticed your post about the same time I introduced myself. What kind of goals are you aiming for? I am about the same weight as you but only trying to get to 250
  • polijex
    Options
    nice to meet ya im aiming for a weight of 215-230 which is a pretty big jump from where i am now. have a 1 1/2 mile run i need to complete in 11 min and 40 push ups in a minute and 35 situps in a min. long road but determined.
  • chadr74
    Options
    Have you started doing any exercising yet? A mile and a half in eleven minutes sounds pretty tough.
  • chadr74
    Options
    How much time you got?
  • polijex
    Options
    right now im not doing alot of running , waiting to drop some more weight so my knees dont get too damaged but im doing some crossfit excercises with a weight bar, squats, and up downs. thighs are burnin.
  • chadr74
    Options
    Crossfit style workouts will sure get you in shape. I tried it for about 6 months then quit. I loved the Olympic style lifts but hated the high volume WODs. Box jumps, Burpees, and wall balls were the exercises that did it in for me. I have a ton of respect for the athletes that can do that kind of training consistently. Look up the Nancy workout bet it will be a good one for running and endurance. I think it is 5 rds of 15 overhead squats then 1/4 mile run. Just jog of course and just the bar will be plenty trust me
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I just applied for a spot with the local PD where I live. Stay focused on your goals and you'll succeed!!
  • polijex
    Options
    thanks for the tips and support guys, i will look up that nancy workout bet. good luck on getting that position obiwan, tough biz but someone has to do it.4 more days then i will post a check in and post the results.
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys! It can be tough, but you can do it! Once you get on the job, make sure you stay in shape. It is very easy to let yourself go. I'm sure you've seen plenty of examples. Be safe!
  • polijex
    Options
    thx tc i know all to well working it off is very hard but gaining it back is easier than easy thanks for the support