so tired of the ups and downs....

Options
gwn013
gwn013 Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone.... Once again i am starting a diet and i feel as though i cant take the ups and downs.... My weight is something that feels out of control... I try so hard to eat the right things but no luck each morning i am either gained a pound or lost 2... But still right around same weight. ... Its driving me nuts! I am proud that i have made it a week... But i am grtting quickly discouraged!

Replies

• polijex
    polijex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    dont be discouraged starting the diet is the easy part knowing how to deal with it is the hardest. what has helped me is breaking down your day with little meals eat breakfast, lunch, a snack, dinner, then another snack. this should help with your cravings. have breakfast that will stick with you for a while like oatmeal fruit and juice or eggs with a piece of wheat toast and fruit. do a powerbar or fruit bar for a snack. turkey on wheat, baked chips 1 serving and a drink (i do flavored water, or a diet soda you can treat yourself with soda once or twice a day with a little excercise. wing yourself off of the stuff your addicted too.)for lunch. dinner is something you will have to research on depending on what you would like out of your diet. and fruit or low fat snack at night. spread this out through the day to stop being so hungry all the time, and exercise is the key to break the 1 or 2 pound weight loss and you will see way better results with regular exercise. if your not used to exercising you can walk 1-2 times a day for 30 minutes to and hour. you will see results in a couple weeks to a month. once you start seeing the results from your hard work, the discouragement will leave and excitement will fill its place. good luck with your diet. :smiley:
  • gwn013
    gwn013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks ...yes your right!! It gets so frustrating because... I have had the gastric bypas 9yrs ago... And didnt gain anything back until 2yrs ago from fertility drugs... So i know how to do it and i know i eat small enough meals... But i think its the missing meals in between!! I forget to eat!! Like today i had toast for bfast, a propel and jello for lunch and then a decent dinner... But i wont lose a pound!!!! I do however think your right! I need to remember to snack!!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    you need to keep reminding yourself that it can take longer than a week to start seeing lbs move off the scale. If you dont see anything drop in 2 weeks, you may need to re-evaluate what you are doing/eating.
  • bludurango2
    bludurango2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat, but as long as you're trying every day then you are doing better than the day before. Keep it up! You can do it!!! :)
  • bludurango2
    bludurango2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh and don't call it a diet because you will treat it that way. consider calling it a weight loss journey. Diets are for those looking for a quick fix and you want more than that. This is a life changing journey you have started and you need to treat it as such. This will probably be the hardest thing you've done ever but you can do it.