Kayla Itsines BBG

Options

Replies

• reginalouise27
    reginalouise27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting her guide too however I saw a bad review of her program at http://www.bikinibodyguides.com/kayla-itsines-review/ and it's holding me back. I honestly think it's too expensive..

Is it really worth it to buy her ebook?
  • lexielainex
    lexielainex Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @reginalouise27‌ To be honest I read the review and she seems a bit biased to me.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just torrent the ebook, it's way expensive, even if it boasted mind blowing and 100% guaranteed results I wouldn't pay that much! So I definitely wouldnt pay that much just to take a chance, hence why I didnt. :) xxx
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    im currently up to week 11. I think it's a really great guide & beneficial, it is hard. I followed her eating guide for a while, but the past 4/5 weeks I have been following my own eating plan and counting macros/flexible dieting which I must admit has been better for me anyway, I found i was always quite bloated with the food guide that comes with BBG, but everybody's different :smile:

Im on instagram if you wanna have a look at my progress pics and the types of food/exercise I do, user name is what_danie_ate
  • lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried it to see what it was about and it was good, having a program and a routine keeps you motivated and on track. I like what she does as I think resistance circuits are a great form of exercise. Just make sure you get correct advice/help on any exercises you're unsure of how to perform and to get correct technique - for example, squat jumps, you want to make sure your stance is right and you land on the balls of your feet. And like anything, diet is key to weight loss :)
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've seen the guides on EBay for around $10.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How's everyone's BBG going? I'm week 1 day 3 and I am following the nutrition guide. It's expensive but my life as a nurse/soldier/military wife traveling lots I needed something that was all laid out for me. I haven't regret it yet! I started back in March but quit when the husband came home briefly and we just binged on eating and drinking and having fun. So this week I'm really hitting it hard. The help recipes are actually tasty and I've put them into mfp... People are saying its 1200 calories but it's more like 1600! So far so good so sore and so tasty. But need some friends some motivation to keep this up for 12 weeks :)))
  • phillipsx6
    phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of her guides and I love them. I don't use her eating guides but eating right is key to any successful workout. I try to eat as clean and healthy as possible. Lots of water. Her guides definitely work. I've had more success with BBG than with other guides. They are tough!
  • lexielainex
    Options
    I'm currently on week 10 and I've definitely seen differences! They are pretty tough and she always changes things up. I would say I've been pretty successful with it so far!
  • JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 today. I dread the workouts before I start because they are soooo tough, but I feel fantastic afterwards. I can't wait to see what results I get after a few more weeks.
  • koqueta531
    koqueta531 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got the nutrition plan and exercise plan but I don't have the pre training part.. where can I find that? Or can anyone email it to me? I'd appreciate it. koqueta531@yahoo.com
  • JLWright73
    Options
    Did you get the updated version of the BBG? If you bought it from Kayla then it should be the updated version and include 4 weeks of pre-training. If you bought an old guide off someone else then it won't have the pre-training schedule in it.
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    How are you guys holding up! Finishing week 3 now! Loving it!!
  • JLWright73
    Options
    I finished week 2 last week, but this week has been a total wash for me. My kids' schedules have completely derailed my workouts this week. I'm going to continue with week 3 starting on Monday. I hate missing a week, but I'm not going to give up!
  • lexielainex
    Options
    I'm on week 12 now guys!!!!
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    Yay keep going!!! Are you doing round 2 of BBG1 or going onto bbg 2?? Congrats!!!! Just finishing week 4 tomorrow can't wait for progress pics!
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How fit do you need to be go do these?!
  • lexielainex
    Options
    @nicoletteamber I think I'm going to give myself about two or three weeks off of the guides to do heavy lifting. When I'm ready for the guides again I'll probably do BBG 1 over again. Maybe after two rounds I'll move on to BBG 2, but for now BBG 1 will still challenge me I think.

@lia_1992 As long as you have a decent cardiovascular base you're likely to be fine. The weights for things aren't set so you can kind of adjust that based on your strength. You could always try doing the first week and if that's too difficult you could go back, train more, and then restart it.

And for all BBG girls feel free to add me! I'll be posting my weeks 1-12 progress in here this coming week!
  • lexielainex
    Options
    So 12 weeks later and I finally get to show my results!
    These are obviously my before
    4bqgiucefg5o.jpg
    2rmwwsr08wpf.jpg
    And now for the after! (sorry the lighting is crappy! I swear I'm having ab progress lol)
    4nccu1a9whu0.jpg
    njdmrtg7t1t3.jpg

Doing this guide really helped me transform my body. I'm 20+ pounds lighter and I feel 10x stronger! I'm taking 2 or 3 weeks off from the guide and then I'll be back at it again!
    How is everyone else coming along?
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    Omg how Awesome you look amazing!!!! GREAT progression so far seriously. Well done! Keep going!!! Well I made it the first 4 weeks! On week 5! It's zooming by. I want to try harder or eat better or something haha I don't know what else different I can do to get better results!!! Just pumped for my wedding want to look great for it!