unsmooth smoothie :-(

stefs75
stefs75 Posts: 4 Member
Hello all :-) I am new to smoothie making and tried my first one today. . . It was ok but it was less smooth than I expected. I used a nutribullet recipe (spinach, banana, almonds, cherries, hemp seeds and almond milk) I didn't want to "blend" too long but I ended up with pieces of almond (I think, not sure if it could be the hemp seeds, as I've never had them before ), can I use a food processor or something to crush them better or any other suggestions for a smoother smoothie? :-)

Replies

• melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Blendtec or vitamix blenders. Costly, but worth it.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    If you used regular old whole almonds straight out of the bin or whatever, thats why.. next time use blanched almonds, and soak them in water for a few hours beforehand. This softens them up so they blend nice and smooth..... aka how almond milk is made ;) no expensive fancy blender needed.
  • stefs75
    Ahhhh . . . Thank you, I will try that!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Unless you have a high-quality blender i find that certain ingredients (nuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, any kind of leafy green) just always look and feel chunky/gross. I think this video highlights what i'm talking about-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko4DVwLQTB0
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    blend liquids and greens first until smooth. add fruit and blend again. always try to use banana or avocado to get a creamy texture, otherwise expect something closer to an ice blended drink. seeds and nuts should be soaked/blanched and blended in step 1 for smoothest results.
  • stefs75
    Thanks for the tips :-)