Garcinia Cambogia?

Options
Ive seen advertisements everywhere for this supplement. Many celebs even Dr. Oz recommend it. Any one try it or know anything about it?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work.

Also, you might want to do some research on Dr. Oz if you still consider him to be a credible reference.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Great thing about learning the truth is you save yourself some money and time. It doesn't work as claimed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!

My doctor recommended it for alertness as an alternative to a prescription stimulant - not weight loss. I tried it, but it gave me terrible headaches and made me INSANELY thirsty. I stopped after about a week.
  • StarlightAria
    StarlightAria Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Great thing about learning the truth is you save yourself some money and time. It doesn't work as claimed.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

From what I've read of yours, I definitely believe you! Thanks for the heads up because I don't want to do anything bad for my body, etc.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb - if it is recommended by Dr. Oz, avoid it. Dude will sell anything to make a quick buck.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you google it, there is no scientific research for fat loss with that stuff. Dr. Oz also recommend green coffee bean extract which they now say does nothing.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/630396
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

From what I've read of yours, I definitely believe you! Thanks for the heads up because I don't want to do anything bad for my body, etc.

I think I am about to faint. Two questions in two days about snake oil and the OP in both actually listened!

• DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    One of my friends tried it....against my advice. She lost zero weight in 2 weeks and got so constipated she had to go to the ER! I have heard of other horrible side effects too...
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb - if it is recommended by Dr. Oz, avoid it. Dude will sell anything to make a quick buck.

Truth!!

• littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cause me vaginal bleeding and I didn't lose a pound but I did lose blood! Ugh don't do it! Exercise and healthy eating that's all you need!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Gave me headaches every time I tried to use it
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack and a used car salesman, nothing more at this point. agree with what was said above - if he's recommending it, it's almost certainly crap