Won 1st place in my age group in my 3rd 5K this morning!

Options
And set a personal best of 26.50!! I'm STILL smiling! I'm so proud of myself! No, it wasn't a huge run with tons of competition or anything but, I still think I kicked *kitten*! :blushing:

Replies

• totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'm proud of you too! What an accomplishment! Congrats!!!!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow! How awesome! I wanna grow up and do that someday! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • ungetheim6
    ungetheim6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also did my 3rd 5K this morning...not quite up to running, still doing the run/walk thing...but finished 1 minute better than previously! You go girl! That's AWESOME!!
  • caradon
    caradon Posts: 14
    Options
    I did a 5K this morning too, and it took me 52 minutes! I think you are super duper awesome!! Keep it up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Way to GO! I am hoping to be getting times like that...by next year...
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!! It doesn't matter if you were the only one you beat yourself and that's great!
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    wow thats AMAZING!!!!! i aspire to get there one day (my first 5k i came in at 42 minutes) i was pretty proud for that- hopefully in another 30 lbs i will be able to bump 10 minutes off- would b so happy to his like 30-32 minutes!

so yeah AMAZING JOB!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So proud of you lover!!!!!:heart:
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting!! What a great time, you should pat your self on the back again, and the grin is well deserved!! I did my 5K in 40:28, no records but (like someone else said) I wanna grow up and be like you :wink:
  • MaryHester
    MaryHester Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! My dream is to start training for races. I've never been into a race and I'm not very good at running, either. Still, every time I see people running I tell myself I'll be exercising one day, and I'm going to enjoy it, and I'm going to be good, and my body will miss working out again, and I'm going to win a race!

You look pretty slim. When did you start running?
  • Baker0821
    Baker0821 Posts: 40
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! My dream is to start training for races. I've never been into a race and I'm not very good at running, either. Still, every time I see people running I tell myself I'll be exercising one day, and I'm going to enjoy it, and I'm going to be good, and my body will miss working out again, and I'm going to win a race!

You look pretty slim. When did you start running?

Thanks so much!!! I've only been running since January so, I'm still pretty new at it myself. I've only ever done 5K races but I CAN run a 10K without dying. I just haven't done it "officially" yet. The only real advice I have is, when I started I would just tell myself....what's the worst that is going to happen......I'm going to walk. Big deal! If you need to walk, just walk and don't sweat it (LOL!!! Like my joke :laugh: ) Also......If I'm feeling like I'm going to die. I pick a spot and say, OK Amanda.....if you just make it to that mailbox...you can walk if you want to. Then when I get to said mailbox I'm like....Ok, make it two more streets then you can walk if you want to. I talk to myself an awful lot...my husband says it's strange but whatever works right!!! LOL! :wink:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hardware! Way to go.
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! congrats girl.. I would love to run 3 miles in that time.
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats and GREAT time! You should be very proud!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats and GREAT time! You should be very proud!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    hey! excellent! congratulations!
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is awesome!
    Keep up the great work.
    You inspire me to start strong and keep going.
    Thankyou...
    :flowerforyou:
  • MaryHester
    MaryHester Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! You gave great tips. I'll keep them in mind and will let you know how it went.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!