The Right Head Space!!

Options
Well today's the day that I get my life back. Four years ago I lost 7 stone and felt fantastic, I even did a public Zumba routine in my local high street. I have now gained it all back and am ashamed to walk to the school with my son, how things change. I am so unhappy but no more making excuses, I have one year until we go on an amazing holiday to Jamaica so this is it. I would welcome any advice. Thanks.

Replies

• angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I sympathise, it's so easy to let it creep back on! If it was easy we wouldn't be here. But the only person who can do it is you, even with the help of sites like this or slimming groups you have to take responsibility. My advice is plan,plan,plan! Work out your meals and only buy what you need for those. If you have kids who want snacks, get them ones that you don't like and hide them away. Count every bite that goes in your mouth, even on a 'bad' day, and keep a mood diary so you can tell events or times of day that make you want to eat. Good luck!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your weight tracker says 101 pounds to go? If that is right, then set small goals..

1) Get a food scale, weigh and log everything.
    2) Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories.
    3) Lift weights if you want to..
    4) Cheat meals over maintenance sabotages all your efforts.
    5) If a cheat meal happens LOG IT.
    6) You can lose weight eating the same things you do... IT IS SMALLER PORTIONS and MODERATION.
    Best to choose foods to help you stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Read the link below.. this and many more stickies are at the beginning of the MFP forums, read up and research ... start out by educating your self on changes to make for life...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1