Snacking

Options
I am a manager at a restaurant and I can pretty much munch on whatever I want. I have a really hard time staying motivated to not eat little things throughout the day. Help me out and give me a few tips on the best way to stay on track.

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I feel you- I am a nibbler, especially when I'm hungry while making dinner. I tend to nibble and probably eat way more than I think I am. I also used to work in an office area that always had a basket of mini candy bars, so I would eat 2-3 of those, thinking that those are not big and wouldn't hurt, however, doing that 2-3 times per day adds up quite a bit.

I don't know, but for me, when people bring in donuts or cookies or other foods and I want to stay on track I think of it as "don't break the seal". It's like- once you eat something you will want more and you need to stay with your plan. That's not to say that a cookie or a donut won't ever fit into my plan IF I can fit them into calorie goals for the day and IF I can stop at just one. Sometimes I can. But for example, after I eat lunch I will brush my teeth so I don't want to eat anything else if someone brings in cake or brownies. I also try to keep portioned out baggies of mixed nuts to eat late afternoon so I can get some high fat, high protein calories that will fill me up until dinner.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you need snacks, have healthy ones. Almonds are good, tho' not a lot as still high in fat. Celery sticks or apple slices spread with a little peanut butter or veggie sticks with a low-cal dip fill you up. I'm sure you can find some veggies in a restaurant!
  • sandyandmarc514
    sandyandmarc514 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At my job I try to think of the food as off limits to me- if I didn't make it or bring something in, it's not for me...
  • cassie858
    cassie858 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    At my job I try to think of the food as off limits to me- if I didn't make it or bring something in, it's not for me...

This is a good way to think. Always bring in healthy snacks so that if you get hungry you have them at the ready, and wont be tempted to bad food choices. Healthy snacks could be veggies (carrot sticks, celery) Almonds, fruit, greek yogurt, protein shake.