P90X Modification Question

Options
First - Never lend things to friends who don't give things back...like pull-up bars!

Ok, I want to start P90X on Monday again but I don't have the pull-up bar. I do, however have resistance bands and tubing. How would I modify the exercises in the video that uses the bar (Chest and Back?)? If I remember correctly, the girl using the tubes has them roped over a pipe and I don't have anything set up like that....

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    They have them roped over... do you have a door that you could put them in ... or a rafter that you can put them over!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all, I'd take the pull-up bars back...but I suppose in the meantime you could rig up a hook strong enough to hold the bands.

What I did before I set up my bars, was use my backyard wooden patio structure as a pull up area...or if I needed to modify, just use that to support the bands. I would pause the DVD and do it outside with the time that was given using a timer.
  • streese50
    streese50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I looped mine thru the hinges on a door and also used stair rails to loop the bands. Both worked fine. Good luck.
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    Get a resistance band anchor like Heather suggested. There are various types. I have one that looks like a triangle on one end with a loop for me to stick my bands through. You place the anchor over the top of a door and shut it. The anchor portion is on the opposite side of the door from you. You loop the bands in through the loop that is on your side and you have your modification.

Hope that makes sense. I love mine and that's the only way I've done the "pull up" portion of P90X. Good luck!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to look for an anchor for my door tomorrow! I am getting the bar back next weekend!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    You'll probably laugh at me, but I use my pull-up bar to wrap my bands around. I can't do a stinkin' pull-up, and I doubt I ever will. Makes a great, albeit expensive, band-hangy thingy.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You'll probably laugh at me, but I use my pull-up bar to wrap my bands around. I can't do a stinkin' pull-up, and I doubt I ever will. Makes a great, albeit expensive, band-hangy thingy.

I think I will do that same thing!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options

I think I will do that same thing!
    Awesome!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I can't doa pull up either.
    my first time doing P90x, my basement is unfinished. So I used a C clamp to the I beam in the ceiling and hooked the bands around that.
    c-clamp.jpg

This time I'm using my old York 2001 system and doing pull downs.
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump!