Tips, tricks, etc for saying "enough" to really fabulous foo

Options
I want to be able to eat a small bit of really lovely food - and then stop. Anybody with success stories? A mantra or saying? Some other trick to help me just stop - when it's enough and delicious - instead of going on so that it's too much!?!

Replies

• adallon
    adallon Posts: 1
    Options
    I've heard this a million times but, for some reason, lately this has really worked for me.

"Nothing tastes as good and looking good feels."
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    When I find something that I want to eat but know it's pretty much horrible for me, I enter the calories in first so I can 'see' what its going to do to my calories for the day. That's usually enough to make me not want to eat as much.
  • devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can do is stay on track all week, then let myself splurge on the wknd. It is probably not the best thing to do, but it is the only thing that keeps me sane! I could never be one of those people who is good all the time..I love food too much!! I also really do think tracking food helps...I hat to get on here and see that I am over my calorie count for the day, so if I think about adding the food I am eating to this I will usually stop myself!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    I have my food diary open for everyone to see, that helps me =)
  • nennajames
    nennajames Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you! Love it...